Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Family Pictures

We were hoping to avoid asking our family to take pictures for us over Christmas or hiring a real photographer. So we asked a friend of ours to take some photos for us with her camera. She has a nice Nikon. Surely they would turn out okay. And they did, but I learned some lessons.


We went over to the park near our home and scouted out locations. It was a really fun afternoon activity for the girls. We saw ducks at the duck pond. They kept throw dirt and rocks at the ducks because they wanted to feed them so bad. Good intentions gone wrong...



The day of the photo shoot.

These individual ones I took of my kids.

It was at the end of the shoot so their smiles look a little faded.

Except Holland, who didn't smile in any of the other pictures. So I have to post three of her adorable little smile.




These ones are a little more casual.


The main issue that I had was that my friend kept shooting on auto and cropping us weird. She would physically hold down the flash. I guess you get what you pay for... All the same it was really nice of her to take time out of her schedule to do this for us.

Little sweethearts.

One of the saddest moments for me was when the sprinklers turned on. The back of me is soaked in most of these.  At least it wasn't the front!

I still love our outfits though. Maybe Patti will take some of us when we are up there this Christmas??



No comments: