Sunday, August 16, 2015

Our Favorite Hobbies

One thing that is kind of funny about Eliza girl is that she doesn't like brown chocolate. I don't really understand how the offspring of such avid chocolate lovers as John and me could possible not like the flavor of chocolate, but it seems to be so.

The ironic thing is that it is not uncommon for her to suggest different combinations of ingredients for chocolaty desserts. She will say, "I thought of a dessert you guys would like. Mix chocolate, raspberries, and cream cheese." That's right kiddo. That would be a yummy combo. 

Well, one day in quiet time she came up with the recipe for chocolate soup.
20 Chocolate chips
2 cups cocoa powder
21 tsp cashews
1 cup butter
2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 cups strawberries

Then came her "Drecshins." Well she was completely serious about making it, and it took a few months, but we finally did it. I think I suggested adjustments on the proportions, but it turned out pretty yummy. Kind of like chocolate syrup. What a sweetie. We definitely like cooking around here!

My girls also love their crafting. I often get asked to let them do a craft with cutting and gluing. Well, Eliza didn't make this house that she had on head, but one of her good friends from Kindergarten did and gave it to her. What a sweetie!

Then comes Phoenix's number one pass time--swimming. I know I wrote about this last summer, but there really is something amazing about going swimming in 110° weather. Never getting cold.

Sweet Holland went swimming to celebrate her 6 week birthday. We kept her in the shade pretty much the whole time. As often as she went to swimming lessons for her sisters, it was about time that she got a turn in the pool.

The girls are a little less contained in the shade, so their swimming suits offer more sun protection.

Chocolate Soup

I like how her swim diaper is way, way too big for her.

In the nice toasty water. It seems about the same temperature as bath water. It is a beautiful thing to never be cold swimming.

Swim goggles have become a bigger part of my life than I ever imagined.  Love these sweet girls!

Eliza has really learned how to swim this summer. She definitely was nervous about swimming in water deeper than her head, but she has somewhat gotten over this. Hopefully it carries through.

No comments: