In June we mostly stayed home. The one exception was that we did swimming lessons this summer. Eight weeks of swimming lessons with a brand new baby. At the end of the summer though, Eliza and Miriam are much better swimmers. Eliza can pretty much swim independently, and Miriam can swim to someone, although she is not comfortable swimming by herself.
Eliza says: I really like swimming lessons except the second session. I was really scared to swim in the deep water because I didn't swim in it that often.
Miriam says: I normally go potty in the swimming pool. (Gross, this is clearly something we need to work on.)
Miriam was taking pictures of Holland too.
It was pretty toasty sitting pool side weekday mornings next to the pool but not in the pool. My lifesaver was a spray bottle. Spraying down my arms and legs every few minutes makes a surprising difference. Poor Holland got sprayed down too, but didn't enjoy it one bit. She was so good for swimming lessons though and slept through 99% of it.
Holland's head looks so tiny next to Miriam's.
One thing I love about a new baby is how much they stretch. I swear she makes a backwards C by cranking her head back so far, arching her back, and tucking up her legs. It is super cute, although it makes burping her after a good feeding kinda difficult.
Big stretches!
John wrote the rest of this post for me:
For Father's Day, I prepared the nicest gift ever for John. Eliza and Miriam answered some interview questions about Daddy, and Holland posed for a very cute picture.
Eliza's interview
Miriam's interview
Baby Holland
Some of the pics in my photo shoot turn out better than others.
Cross-eyed baby!
First smile captured on camera!
Both girls were reading stories to the baby. They love their little sister!
John is by far the most efficient baby wrapper on the planet. Little Holly loves being wrapped up when she is tired!
On Father's Day we took Holland to church for the first time. Check out this adorable dress from Aunt Carol! Unfortunately most people never see it because a blanket is needed at our frigid church.
One reason Holland needed to come to church that day was to hear her big sisters sing in Sacrament Meeting. They did an excellent job, and I, disregarding custom and propriety, captured it on film:
No comments:
Post a Comment