This is the time of year, when things start to get busy. There are a lot of events, which is fun but crazy. The one that kicked it off this year was the district art show where Eliza was selected from her school to attend. Her's was an op art, that means optical illusion piece. The reason her's was selected was because she made the center of her grid look like there was a bump there. That was totally her idea.
Then there was Pride in Learning night, which was chaotic but fun. I'll tell more about that below where I post the video. It was fun to go pick up their clay pieces and see the work they had displayed on the walls. Eliza had a class project of putting together a huge timeline of the history they are studying. Miriam had a whole packet of writing and projects she had done about the revolutionary war. It is times like this that I know homeschooling isn't the right choice for us.
That being said, I am really proud of them for other reasons. One day Eliza was helping Miriam with some math homework and reading her scriptures. Just to round out the complete adorableness of that situation, I looked over and several time saw them holding hands while they were working on that. I didn't get a picture of that , but just trust me is was overwhelmingly cute.
Then there was a school art show which is a fun activity! They got to see one of each of their pieces framed.
Eliza actually volunteered as part of her work with NEHS.
The girls and Daddy drew excellent self portraits.
There was a glow in the dark art room, art done with a robot, origami, and medallions to make.
What a fun activity!
I have to say that the Pride in Learning night music performance was a bit of a circus. The kids and songs were adorable, but the parents were insane. The room was crammed full of people and there were shouting matches because people standing and filming in front of other parents. I guess I am no better, filming my own kid, but at least I put down my phone for more than half of the time. Other parents were filming before they even started singing. It reminds me of a podcast that said that we need to be present for our kids and not just let them see and sea full of phones at their performances. I want to be better at that.










No comments:
Post a Comment