Thursday, May 2, 2019

Desert Botanical Garden

Since my mom bought us another year's membership at the botanical garden, we took advantage and went to a children's activity called Cocoon for them. It was cute! Eliza really liked the tapestry weaving. 

 There were fun dress ups and musical instruments. There were barrels that they could dig for seashells. All fun activities until Holland realized she wouldn't be taking the seashells home.

 There was a fun tic tac toe table, which my girls loved. Then we had to walk over to the butterfly house. It was getting pretty hot that day, so when the misters were on, it really felt delightful. Despite the heat, the butterflies were more active than I think I have ever seen them there.

 One landed on the top of my phone right as I was about to take this picture of Holland. So a delighted, genuine smile was easy. They also loved Eliza's hat.

 They also liked Eliza's hand and shirt. I liked the pretty orange butterfly contrasted on the purple flowers.



 Miriam wanted one to land on her so bad, and one finally did right at the end. 

We love having a membership there. We have been pleased with how are plants are doing, but we are getting to capacity. John says it is time we instituted a "one in, one out," rule. 
 Unfortunately, we had one purchase from the plant sale that isn't doing too well. I tried to create a shade of sorts for it, but I am not too hopeful. It hasn't even gotten that hot yet, and if it can't survive this heat, than there is no hope to survive the summer. The desert rose is lovely right now though. I love those blooms and that girl!

There was also fun huge bubble blowers at the Cocoon event. They loved it!

No comments: