Sunday, May 5, 2019

Easter Choir Concert

 By Eliza:
Miriam and I performed at the Mesa Art Center the weekend after Easter. It was super fun. We sang "Jesus is Your Friend" "To Be American" "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" and "Dem Bones." "Jesus is Your Friend" is a really pretty song. We sang it on the risers behind the orchestra. There are 5 verses but we only sang the last three.
 "To Be American" is a patriotic song. It might have been my favorite. I really like patriotic songs and how you sing them: strong, loud, proud of your country. "A Might Fortress is Our God" was the opening song of the concert. Professor Stewart said it is a song to banish Satan, and that's why we sung it first. It is a really amazing song, but it was definitely hard to understand because of all the parts. One part we sang was even in German. "Einfeste Burg ist Gott." "Dem Bones" was a fluff song. It tells a story, but you don't know what story it is until someone tells you. It is a fun song. There are a lot of special. It is one of the few songs that we are told to yell, whisper, and sing. Overall it was super fun.
Miriam says: It was really enjoyable, and I loved singing in it!

By Mommy:
Wow, what a spectacular concert! My parents came down for it, and it was wonderful! That many kids, youth, and adults singing plus the orchestra was just magnificent. I probably liked the song selection of this concert even better than the one at Christmas time. I am grateful that the girls get to participate in it. I love hearing about all the little gems they are learning, even if it does seem a bit intense at times.

No comments: