This Mother's Day was awesome! It was coming off of kind of a heavy week for me. The last few years the week before Mother's Day has been a stressful one for me. It is teacher appreciation week, which wouldn't seem so bad, but I put too much mental energy into it. I just need to decide what I am going to do with for my kid's teachers every year, do that thing, and not worry about it. But there is always, should I do the group gift, is this lame, how can I show how much I appreciate all they have done for my child, $25 to Target is nothing compared to what they have done for my kids, $25 per teacher per kid is $100 in gift cards--sheesh that added up! Anyway, I need to stop over thinking it. Basically, in the future, we're going to do a little gift with a card from my kid with a gift card.
Then there is Mother's Day, which is wonderful, but I like to do a sweet card to all the grandmas for Mother's Day. This year, I just printed a photo and did a little note with compliments and a little message from each of us. It wasn't too bad.
Then there is the pie sale for the YW girl's camp fundraiser. This is the third year I have been in charge of it, so to be honest I was feeling confident in how it would work out and not too worried about it. Ironically, it was a bit of a fiasco this year with them losing my bulk order, and then we had simultaneously too many and not enough pies. And then, only one pie was dropped face down during all the prep work, and it was dropped by me.
Then, there was just other stuff. Braces coming off for Eliza. Van shopping for me and John. A school project for Miriam. All normal stuff, but it was just busy and a lot.
So finally the pie sale was done, gifts delivered to school, cards mailed, and it was time to relax for me. Unfortunately, John had to speak on Sunday, so he was kind of stressed going into Mother's day. I told him to take it easy on the Mother's theme of the Mother's day Sacrament Meeting. And he did. It was perfect. He said something sweet about me at the beginning, shared a couple of tender thoughts about mothers, everyone loving and caring for children, and the love of the Savior. It was great! I had a ton of people come tell me what a great job he did. Unfortunately, he especially did a good job compared the other adult speaker, who was doctrine-light in his talk. One funny thing was that at the beginning of his talk, John made a joke that his talk was his gift to me for Mother's Day. This was funny because if you know John and me at all, you know he is the most considerate husband ever. He went shopping for and made me breakfast, lunch, dinner, helped with dessert, had the kids make me cards, did a little video interview of them, and got me presents (both what I asked for and a couple of little surprises). Basically, there are no boxes he didn't check. So his joke was funny that he wouldn't do anything else for me except give a talk. The funny part to us though was how many people came up to me concerned that he wasn't doing anything else for me. No one in our ward said anything to John about it except for the local member of the Seventy, Elder Tilleman, who mentioned that John should also make me dinner. :)
But I had a wonderful day, full of relaxing, yummy food, and lots of spoiling. I got a couple of pics with my girls. We had chocolate german pancakes for breakfast, chopped mexican salad for lunch, fresh grilled burgers for dinner, and a decadent chocolate pretzel pudding pie for dessert. Yeah, it was delicious.
I got lots of sweet cards and presents. I especially liked this note from John and Eliza. "We love you more than ice cream, garden fresh veggies, eating at Cafe Rio, movies, soft blankets, sweaters, and so forth, all combined." They are the cutest. I received a couple of yummy chocolate treats, new earrings, a new gym bag (that I asked for), and lots of cards and coupons.
I loved Holland's card from preschool. A cute hand print with a little questionnaire sheet. It was perfect.
The girl's cards from school were fabulous. Eliza was told to decorate the cover of hers like People Magazine, but she thought that was like the magazines in the checkout line I tell her not to look at so she designed it as the cover of the Ensign instead. I don't think that girl could be any sweeter.
Miriam did an awesome job on her card. I can tell she really put a lot of time and effort into making it just perfect.

Eliza wrote an article in her magazine about why I am special. She said it is because I am involved, kind, and hardworking. I love how much she loves one on one time with me. I need to do that more.
Miriam had the cutest little poems on the back of her card.
She also wrote a sweet letter to me inside her card. She thinks I am the best mom in the world because I am an at home mom, the best playmate, and I comfort her when she is scared. It is adorable and sweet.
And Daddy had them make extra cards at home. I liked Holland's drawing of me. It is super!
And then there are all the coupons I received. Yeah, I am going to be using these. I had to chuckle at Miriam's "Watch movies together." She told me that expires at the end of May. :)
Well, these kiddos wrote that I am the best mommy in the world but in reality I am the LUCKIEST mommy (and wife!) in the world. I love them more than I can express.











No comments:
Post a Comment