Sunday, February 25, 2018

Grandma's Visit Feb 2018 and Family History


It is always more fun when Grandma comes to visit. For example, Grandma helped us decide that we need to spend more money on our house. No, we decided to buy this all on our own, but it was helpful that Grandma was here to help watch the kids so we could go get it. I love having a place to put the china that we never use because it has always been boxed up. It's pwetty.


I love how Holland says "good idea" so I had to preserve it in a little video.


We also took the kids over to the little park with rides. It is always so cute to see them.

Ellie was too tall for the little Ferris wheel, what??! Holland still talks about this train ride. It was a "big train ride." "Goes choo, choo." Good times. Especially when we went to Cafe Rio for dinner after it was good times. My mom was so energetic this trip. Getting up with the kids and napping a lot less. I sure hope it goes well when we're in Hawaii (!).



One of the things that we did while she was here was work on family history. The ward goal this year is to do more family history and temple work. John and I have been getting started with that. It sure is addicting. And there is so, so much work to do. Even if you think your line is done, it's not! I found this gem of my Grandma and Grandpa's wedding announcement in the paper. I love that it described her dress. :)
I love that my dad is in town too. He is so great! He loves telling stories to the girls, and they love to hear them. This particular night we were packing lunches and doing dishes in the kitchen, and I overheard him sharing with the girls how he received his testimony. It was so sweet.

No comments: