Monday, June 16, 2014

The First One

Eliza has the cutest smile!

 This is the smile I love and am used to!

But then this happened.

A part of me died this day! She lost her first tooth way earlier than I thought she would.

 Good thing she is still just as adorable with one fewer tooth!

From my journal:

It seems like John has had a lot of scouting and YM stuff to do. He has gone to some trainings and an overnighter hike. He has really enjoyed it, which is great! (Even if we do miss him while he is gone...a lot!) I finally got a calling too! I am the RS Meeting Coordinator, which means that I am in charge of the committee that plans the weekday monthly and quarterly meetings for the RS. It is definitely something I have never done before and I hope I don't blow it!

Miriam has said the funniest things recently. She tattles on me and John to each other. "Daddy loud at me!" Said in the most picked-on voice ever! She is also so dramatic. If she wants something she'll say, "But I love it!" She also says "I love you so much!" to me a lot, which is delightful! The drama though. Oh my. One night she didn't like the dinner and was complaining about it by sadly saying, "But it's not tasty!"

Eliza has really taken off with her reading and math. She is getting so smart! I am still struggling about what to do about her kindergarten. I feel like I almost decided on full day, but I really thinking now that half day is the way to go. I am fasting about it today and really pray that I will receive some direction.

My Eliza is growing up way too fast though! At the end of March, she lost her first tooth, which made me die a little bit inside. It had been loose for a while and then one day when my dad was here for dinner it fell out. She asked me if the tooth fairy was real, and I told her that it wasn't, but it was like Santa Claus, a fun game to play. Well, she put her tooth under her pillow and in the morning there were four quarters there. (Really in the morning, we forgot to do it the night before.)

No comments: