Saturday, June 21, 2014

Creative Play at the Children's Museum

I feel like I am about to write an advertisement for the Children's Museum of Phoenix, but I can't help it. It was so perfect for my children! I couldn't have been happier with the variety of things to do and exhibits. Of course we went while my mom was here visiting. It turns out that we are pretty boring when it is just us.

















I thought this massive climbing structure was so cool! People are so creative. Seriously I am pretty sure I am the least creative person I know. Except maybe my husband. ;) We are good for each other.



The fort building room was awesome and a great place to hide from all of the field trip kids. Miriam really enjoyed this item (I am really not sure what to call it) She put the disc at the top and changed slopes which changed the way it fell down.

Of course, crafts are always a big hit with my kids, even though they never quite seems to make it home in one piece. That is the trickiest part.

This play ice cream cart was adorable and really had me craving ice cream. Although I have bad associations with it because while I was taking a picture of Eliza, Miriam wandered off. We searched everywhere. The workers thought they found her on the floor below us, but it wasn't her. Then one of the field trip kids brought her up to a worker saying she was lost. Thank heavens! So scary! I didn't take my eye off Miriam for the rest of the visit.



Miriam played in these lentils pretending she was making a cupcake. She did this for a shocking amount of time. maybe 15 minutes? They also really enjoyed the pretend store where they went shopping and also stocked shelves. Eliza really liked pretending to check people out.





Then on to the the restaurant. I loved watching them pretend to make pizzas.


I am not sure what the message was behind the fan hitting owls off the cactus, but they really loved it.




The toothpaste and the pickle car! I think different kids would have enjoyed the cars and truck parts more, but it was still fun.

This is as close as they will ever get to being allowed to ride on a motorcycle. I hope you enjoyed it, girls!

From my journal:

We went to the Children's Museum again. It was really fun, but I lost Miriam at one part. Scared me to death. I am not sure why I always lose her places. Bad mom! We also went swimming with my mom and got some plants for our house. We got a couple of nice pots and picked out plants. We even got a tomato plant. Fingers crossed we get something from it!

We played games via the webcam with the Jacobsons the night that my mom left. We really appreciate their friendship.

No comments: