 |
| Easter dresses! (Yes this is year two of them. They're still cute!) |
So leading up to Easter was really the first time that homesickness really hit me. Well, maybe on Thanksgiving too. Holidays just remind me of home and family. John was supposed to go to a YM campout that weekend, but thoughtfully he backed out so I wouldn't spend it alone with the kids. That is when we went to the Science Center. We also dyed eggs with the kids, had an Easter egg hunt, and made Easter smoothies. The kids really enjoyed it all and despite not looking like it, we had a nice experience with them talking about the real meaning of Easter.
 |
| Hunting for the eggs in all of the tricky places. |
 |
| Ellie loves eggs!!! This was her kind of party! |
 |
| Poor Miriam really only liked the cuties in her basket. I should probably have just got her some chocolate and candy. :) |
 |
| The kids really loved these smoothies. It was so fun to see their reaction to the hunny bunny smoothies. |
 |
| Holding their hunny bunnies! |
 |
| We share germs at this house. |
 |
| Miriam loves the 'lellow one.' |
From my journal:
With Easter this year, I felt a pretty good bout of
homesickness. I really missed my family. It sure seemed like they were doing so
many fun things together, and I really wanted to be there, with them. John
decided to not go on a scout trip because I was having a hard time, which I
really appreciated. So instead of spending his day off with the scouts (it
happened to fall on a company holiday) we went to the science center and a had
a fun Easter weekend just our little family. The science center was super fun,
and although it seemed to be geared towards older kids, our kids had a blast.
We also dyed eggs. The kids really enjoyed that too! I love these traditions.
The kids were so cute with their egg hunt. We just did it in the front room. And
just hid mostly healthy treats around. Ellie liked everything, but Miri only
liked the little oranges. Well, at least it was the most healthy option. :) We
had also prefaced this with an FHE about the resurrection, which was great. We made bunny smoothies, but gluing bunny
faces to clear cups and making a corresponding color of smoothie. It was really
cute. We started off the whole weekend with a fun date hiking up on South
Mountain again and watching the sunset. I love him!
Earlier in the month we went hiking the first time up
telegraph pass. It was a fun little hike and Eliza did great hiking. Miriam had
a harder time, shocker, but it was still a really fun family activity. We also
went swimming when Eliza gained a lot of confidence being in the swimming pool
with her life jacket. She wanted to float around by herself with just her life
jacket.
1 comment:
Post a Comment