Saturday, March 5, 2011

Two!

Our little girl just turned two. Isn't she pretty? She has really been into coloring recently and loves to identify colors. So not only was this a birthday activity it is an everyday activity. Still fun though.
We also broke out the bubbles. She had a really fun time trying to get them and blow them herself. So much so, that she had to go get her baby doll so she could see.

For her birthday dinner and treat she had her favorites: broccoli, noodles, and cherry yogurt for dessert. Really, if we had had a cake she wouldn't want to have eaten it.
Look, two candles! She blew them out first time before we had even finished singing "Happy Birthday."Then she got to open a present from her friends, Knightley and Mason. It was a pretty big hit, no pun intended. Thanks guys!
The following Saturday we had a little party with friends that included more noodles, broccoli, and yogurt. We don't mess with a good system. The stroller is a prized possession. Really, don't try to make her share it. Also, we got some good kid plates just in time because this week she threw her plate on the floor for the first time. We went "wimming" after the presents and stayed pretty late. Ellie had a blast and couldn't get enough. The only thing to worry about now is what to say when she regularly asks for more presents and swimming.

7 comments:

Kids and Canning Jars said...

What a cutie! Thanks for the update. Also, thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I so wish we could get families involved. Face book is boring to me because no one in the family really leaves an update. Only a couple of people. I enjoy seeing some of your life through your blog. Thanks,
Melissa

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Broccoli, noodles and yogurt, eh? Healthy 2 year old! Anna had hot dogs. :) I love that Ellie. Can't wait to see you guys! JOhnny's still boogery, so we'll keep waiting.

GreenTeam said...

How FUN! Wow I can't believe you have a 2 year old!? She's cute and I'm excited that you will be having another one that will be around the same age as mine! :) We have been busy but we are ready for this baby to come, mostly me, this is not the most comfortable thing in the world! ;) congrats!

DenLeader said...

I love it! I love that she had to go get her doll to see the bubbles. SO CUTE! (and so different from my experience with 2-yr-olds). she is so beauiful! Happy Birthday sweet Ellie!

patti said...

Sorry we missed the party...for some reason I wasn't sure when the date was and when I asked Miriam she said I missed it. Sounds like a wonderful brithday!

Regina Pearson said...

Sounds like it was a blast! I think it's so cute that she loves her yogurt so much. :)

Jebbie said...

Oh we miss you guys! I am glad Ellie liked our present! And Ellie is so cute!