Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fetish

Our girl is a girl. And I really don't know a single girl who doesn't love shoes. Ellie loves shoes of any variety. "Hoos on," is something I hear several times a day. Sadly I don't let her wear her shoes inside, so she substitutes other shoes to fulfill this urge.

My gym shoes: These are the "beeg boots." She loves them. I can't believe she actually manages to walk in them.
And of course my slippers. The "sippers" are Ellie's footwear of choice. Unfortunately for her, I wear them almost always. But if I do leave them behind and come back to get them, they have inevitably wandered off.
A couple more favorites that aren't pictured are my heels (boot variety or regular), John's slippers, John's tennis shoes, and of course the shoes of any little kiddo that visits our house.

I have to do a shout-out to the love of hats. We got the little pink one a bit ago, and Ellie loves to wear it inside, especially the gloves. This treasure is the hat I wear while jogging to and from the gym. Apparently for Ellie sweat is no deterrent in the hat wearing fun.

5 comments:

patti said...

I have to admit that Luke loved to try on my shoes too but it's nothing compared to Jane. The only present she reacted to on Christmas was her new shoes. It must be a girl thing. I love me some shoes too.
Cute pictures of Ellie! You're such a good mom to get the camera out so often!

Heidi said...

So cute! She certainly is a girl. Maybe she'll be a shoe shopaholic when she gets older.

Normz said...

She is so cute! My favorite is the boots, hahaha

Sisters said...

Those thigh-high boots are the funniest thing ever! Love them.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I just read your last three posts for the first time. Where have I been??

Ellie and shoes-- very cute combinations. Ellie and her Christmas dress-- adorable. (You should take more pictures of her in it sometime-- pretend it's Christmas again!) Ellie and Santa Clause-- understandable fright. I think he's better in books than in real life. Just let me see a picture of the beard-- don't get it near my face. I mean right??? Maybe it'll change when our girls get older-- I hope so.