I wanted to do a little birthday interview with this girl.
If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
Europe: Paris or Italy or something. I really want to see the Lourve in Paris, because it sounds amazing to see all those famous works of Art. I also want to go to Greece to see the Parthenon.
If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be? why?
If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be? why?
I would be strawberry cheesecake because I don't know. I am a fairly normal person except a few things like the cheesecake bits. I am really good at singing. I am the oldest of four girls. I really like reading. I have been in NEHS and NJHS.
What is your favorite cereal?
What is your favorite cereal?
Probably Wingspan or Settlers.
Are you a morning or a night person? What are your favorite activities in each time?
Are you a morning or a night person? What are your favorite activities in each time?
I feel like normally I am a morning person unless I have stayed up really late the last night. I like waking up, eating breakfast, reading until 9 am, and then getting dressed. I don't like sleeping in super long. I feel like I am wasting time. That might be affected in the Summer the light shines right on me from the window so it is light enough for me to do whatever I want to.
What is your favorite book you've read recently? What about it makes it your favorite?
What is your favorite book you've read recently? What about it makes it your favorite?
I have really been liking rereading the Unwanted series. I think it is a really good mix of fantasy and adventure with a little bit of romance.
What is your favorite school subject and project?
What is your favorite school subject and project?
My favorite subject is science. I think my favorite project this year was Create an Exoplanet project. I really liked all of the creativity that I could put into it.
If you were a crayon, what color would you be and why?
If you were a crayon, what color would you be and why?
I like spring because all of the plants are pretty and the weather is nice.
What is your favorite part of KDA?
What is your favorite part of KDA?
I like that I can sleep in in the mornings, and don't feel rushed. I also like that I am in my own room. I can move around and be comfortable and walk around the house on my breaks.
What is your favorite food? Treat?
![]() |
| Mommy snapped a picture of me when I was yawning. |
I really liked the Dedication Casserole that we made recently. I also like spicy tacos. I like Italian food, like noodles and pizza. I love German Pancakes.
What are you looking forward to in this coming year?
What are you looking forward to in this coming year?
I am looking forward to Summer Break!! I'm also excited for our Utah vacation, Florida, and especially our Panama Canal Cruise!!!!! I'm really excited to go on a cruise for the first time. I want to explore and see everything, especially the water slides. The Dr. Seuss breakfast will be really fun, and I can't wait for the water slides!!! I'm also looking forward to being fully vaccinated. I'm getting my second dose on June 4th.
What is your biggest strength? Weakness?
What is your biggest strength? Weakness?
I think my biggest strength is that I'm creative. I'm good at writing and coming up with new things. I'm not very good at sports though.
What is your favorite thing about YOU?
What is your favorite thing about YOU?
My family, the gospel, house, yard, nature, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles, traveling, swimming.
If you won a million dollars, what would you buy?
If you won a million dollars, what would you buy?
I would build an amazing house with a big yard and secret passages and book lots of travels and donate a lot.
Preferably, I would be a stay at home mom. If not, I want to do something in astronomy or biology.
At what age do you become a grown up? What makes you a grown up in other ways?
At what age do you become a grown up? What makes you a grown up in other ways?
You legally become an adult at age 18. When I was little, I thought you became a grown up when you are 20. I think you become an adult when you are mature enough to be one.
What's your favorite song?
What's your favorite song?
I really like A Child's Prayer. I also like Memories and Barefoot Blue Jean Night.
I maybe want 2-4.
Spiders, cliffs with nothing to keep you from going over, stumbling on a steep part, me or someone I love getting hurt.
I want to have a nice minivan. I want to live in a nice place that doesn't have too many tourists, with nice neighbors and good schools.
I woke up and went to school. Daddy was up, so we had Crème Brue le French toast. In Social Studies, everyone sung me happy birthday, which doesn't work very well over Zoom. For dinner, we had lemon garlic chicken wraps. The Davises came with their grandparents, so we shared dinner and dessert. I got a fire pit, a marble track, and a dolphin and unicorn mini squishmallows. I paid all of my Christmas money ($20) so I could get both. Mommy, Daddy, and I worked that out. I really like the little arrow pattern on the fire pit.
What advice would you give yourself when you turned 11 one year ago?
What's your favorite activity?
I love to spend time with my family hiking, swimming, and playing board games. I also like to read.
How many kids do you want?
What are you scared of?
What kind of car do you want when you grow up? Where do you want to live?
Describe your birthday? What did you do and eat? What were your surprises and presents?
What advice would you give yourself when you turned 11 one year ago?
I would tell myself that when you get a bunkbed, be SO careful with the ceiling fan. :( Also, don't be scared of downhill slopes, enjoy the pool, and don't scratch moleskum.
What has Young Women's been like so far?
![]() |
| A surprise gift from Uncle Daniel: two sets of Legos!! |
It's been really fun! I like talking with them, and it's fun to make things with them. I think they're nice.
Thank you Ellie for filling out these questions for us. I think you are just a delightful 12 year old. This definitely feels like a milestone. Young Women's, middle school, starting puberty--it's all getting real. We couldn't be more proud of the young lady you are turning into.
Thank you Ellie for filling out these questions for us. I think you are just a delightful 12 year old. This definitely feels like a milestone. Young Women's, middle school, starting puberty--it's all getting real. We couldn't be more proud of the young lady you are turning into.
I guess part of growing up means that your doctor's appointments change. This time you filled out a questionnaire about drugs, alcohol, and sex that I wasn't supposed to look at. What?? How could you be old enough that the doctor is concerned about those kinds of things with kids your age. Also, they didn't give me percentiles about your growing body. I guess they don't do those after a certain age. All I know is that you've hit a bit of growth spurt. You're a few inches shorter than me. And our feet are almost the same size. You could definitely wear some of my snugger shoes if you felt like it. Because you are all of the sudden taller, it means that you have been riding in the front seat of the car when we go places.
You are also old enough to be in the younger teenage bracket for getting a covid vaccine. Even though you are getting so much older and wiser sometimes you still say things that makes us chuckle. Here are some from this last year:
Ellie: I probably shed less than a dog. John: You probably shed less than your mother.
Eliza: Look at those old-fashioned mailboxes. Aren't they so cute? (They were regular mailboxes.)
Ellie: let's discuss the biodiversity of a tropical rainforest ecosystem. (Listening in to E and M's hiking conversations.)
Miriam: Ellie, what's your favorite kind of engineer? "Aerospace!" (Obviously!)
Ellie: Grandma is crafty, but not in the conniving way, in the arts and crafts way.
There are so many things we love about you. We love your curiosity and joy of learning. We love how nurturing you are to little Darcy (you are hand's down her favorite except when she's hungry). We love how much you love to play board and card games with us even when you don't win. We love how much you love reading and how you laugh with delight at funny things you read. We love how capable you are in so many ways. You are becoming a pretty good cook and can follow a good recipe. You have a lovely singing voice and are crazy talented at the piano. We love how much you love science and learning and building. We love your good attitude. A lot of things have been thrown at you this year: middle school, online learning, new baby, more responsibility, isolation from friends and no breaks from family, starting YW, dealing with moleskum and toe walking issues, learning to take care of your body in news ways as you are hitting puberty, changing rooms, and much more. You are so creative and fun! We feel so lucky that you're in our family. Happy birthday beautiful girl!
Love you zillions and zillions!






























No comments:
Post a Comment