Sunday, June 9, 2019

The End of School

Miriam is here to help me talk about the end of school. 

For the end of the year class party, we had a lot of stations that we went to. There was a beading station. That is what I am doing here with Yewon and Jesse. Mommy was doing face painting, and I got a butterfly. Some other girls got butterflies too. My finished necklace had lots of pretty beads. I got two beads with M's on them so I put them around the charm. The charm was a big pink bead I found. 



There was also a caterpillar making station. I made Sky and Leaf there. There is my teacher Mrs. Whigham. As a gift for her retirement, we made a video where we were all interviewed about Mrs. Whigham. She is very nice. We also helped make a gift basket for her, and there were lots of goodies in there like shirts and gift cards. 
In Mrs. Whigham's class we had a schedule with math workshop, math stations, reading workshop, reading stations, and writer's workshop. And then we had specials, lunch, and success club on Fridays. Mrs. Whigham is really fun, and we did lot of crafts. We had a lot of fun homework like making slideshows about weather and the human body. I know that if you were in Mrs. Whigham's class you would really like it. She was also really fun with the activities, we could do a craft with the slideshows. We also did a craft where we chose lots of words and made a design with those words. I drew a heart and wrote words along the edge. I am going to miss Mrs. Whigham next year. She is a wonderful teacher and a fun one too. I learned a lot in her class.

Thanks Miriam! Unfortunately I wasn't there to get pictures of Eliza's end of year party. (I had made arrangements to attend a temple session at that exact time.) Fortunately, Eliza is here to talk about her party and her 4th grade experience.
4th grade was an excellent year! My teachers, Mrs. Perks and Ms. Hartland are really nice. I really liked learning a ton of math and writing this past year. One of the big things we learned in math was algebra. It's been really fun. We also learned a lot about PEMDAS, fractions, and the operations in general. In Ms. Hartland's class we did a lot on American history. We did the American Revolution and Woman's Rights. We also did animal defense mechanisms, which was my favorite thing we did.For animal defense mechanisms, we had to write a Choose Your Own Adventure. That was so fun! I did one on the monarch butterfly. Anyway, my end of year party was super fun. We signed each other's class pictures, and then we just had cake and ice cream.

No comments: