Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Valentines Day 2017

Valentines Day this year started out bright and early with a gift exchange before Daddy went to work. I got a cool houseplant. The girls got some fun Pez dispensers, and Holly got a devil headband. It is furry and sparkly, and she loves it. Surprisingly it isn't broken yet. John received a some candy and a heartfelt letter. I hope he felt loved.

My mom was visiting during Valentines so I was able to go to two school activities on Valentines Day. Sweet! Miriam was having a faux-field trip by walking to a nearby park. They were having fun though.

I went to Eliza's Valentines Day party at her school.
That is Ellie's amazing teacher getting down on the floor with the kids.

I did the face painting. It was pretty amateurish, but fun.


My friend Margaret, whose daughter Rachel is in the same class, is room mom, and she knocked it out of the park with a cool craft, delicious treats, and fun activities. Someday I might be a cool room mom. Or maybe not. :)


One thing that was really fun that weekend was that Marc and Miriam flew down here for the weekend. It was supposed to be a little get-a-way for them, but we selfishly took some of their time too. We had baby Sammy with us for most of the day on Saturday and even for a sleep over on Saturday night. They also came to church with us on Sunday and we had a yummy dinner before going up to see Dad's art show. It was so fun to have them down here, even if it was so brief.

Yay for the love holiday!

No comments: