Holland is getting so so big. She turns two next month, and I feel like this Spring has been such a time of growth and change for her. She really has become a toddler over the last few months and not a baby.
For example, she threw her first big tantrum. Why? Because she wanted to nurse before lunch. Which is a problem because most days she nurses to sleep, so she can't nurse before lunch or she'll fall asleep with not enough in her tummy so she won't be able to sleep as long. I tried and tried to make her happy before filming this video, just in my defense. Nothing would do. The sight of the phone made her kind of chill out for a minute, but before this she was clenching her fists, stomping her feet, and throwing the biggest fit of her life (literally). I really did feel so bad she was so upset, but it got to the point where I just had to film it. Of course, she won the fight. (explanation: 3rd child)
Over the last month and a half, Holland's interest in the ABC's has skyrocketed. Her favorite book by far is Dr. Seuss's ABC. We have read it so. many. times. over the last month and a half. She has really learned her letters though. She didn't know hardly any (if any) before and she can identify pretty much all of them by now. (Today she identified all of them except W. She still has a hard time saying W, but I think that it is more stubbornness than anything on her part.) It turns out we own quite a few books about the ABCs, and Holland loves them all. She loves identifying letters she sees anywhere. On signs, shirts, and other books of course. Her favorite letter to identify is S, but she also really likes F, O, and Y. Of course, she knows none of the letter sounds, but she does identify the capital letters pretty well.
Holland is growing up and learning a lot of new tricks. Not featured in this family flick is her newest word "No" that she loves exploring. She also loves putting on her shoes. We got her shoes that she can work independently.
She has really been teasing us recently about potty training. She became very interested in it when her friend that is about 6 months older came over and was potty training. Holland talked a lot about the potty after that. She tells us all the time when she is going pee pee. She tries to hide when she poos. Well, I got out the potty seat for her and she loved it! She took to it like flies to honey. We had never been so successful so quickly, but the problem is that she isn't even two yet. Also, she doesn't really communicate that well yet, and she can't reach the sink even with the stool. That didn't stop her from giving a good tease about the whole idea though. One day she would go pee every time I put her on the potty. The next she wouldn't go at all. This continued for about two weeks, when I started forgetting/choosing not to put her on as often. Since then I put her on occasionally but it has been a long time since she has actually gone pee on the potty. I hope we didn't miss our window! We have a lot of traveling coming up, and I really didn't want to deal with a newly potty-training kiddo.
Holland loves, loves songs. She finds the "blue songs" box almost every day to have us sing to her. It is a favorite tool at dinner time to get her to eat. Right now a favorite is "The Wise and Foolish Men." She also really loves "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes," "If you're happy and you know it," and many others. The problem comes when she wants a particular song, but we can't understand what she is saying, like in the video below. She is such a babbler. She talks to me all day long, and it is weird now that I am actually starting to understand a few of the words she is saying, "Dee, dee" means drink, which could also mean any water she sees.
Holland loves, loves songs. She finds the "blue songs" box almost every day to have us sing to her. It is a favorite tool at dinner time to get her to eat. Right now a favorite is "The Wise and Foolish Men." She also really loves "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes," "If you're happy and you know it," and many others. The problem comes when she wants a particular song, but we can't understand what she is saying, like in the video below. She is such a babbler. She talks to me all day long, and it is weird now that I am actually starting to understand a few of the words she is saying, "Dee, dee" means drink, which could also mean any water she sees.
Her favorites right now are her teddy bear, ABC book, bunny, going outside, the Foot Book, milk (whole milk), dress up shoes, and singing songs. Occasionally she still really loves to nurse. She says "nurse" so clearly now. It is adorable. I love nursing her, but I can see it coming to an end sooner rather than later. She is almost two so maybe that is okay. :)
The other day Miriam had the worst mosquito bites (for some reason, if anyone is going to get bit, it will be her). She was so itchy so I suggested she have some Benadryl. Of course, she thought it sounded fun to have medicine, especially if it was going to affect her some way like making her sleepy. So she was all for it. She didn't seem too sleepy until an hour or two later when she asked if I wanted to go cuddle with her in bed. I told her that I needed to finish making dinner but I could cuddle on the couch with her for maybe 10 minutes. She laid down on me and within 30 to 60 seconds she was fast asleep.
Holland was all over this. She thought it was the best thing to climb up on my lap too, and especially be able to get all over her sister without getting attacked in return. Miriam didn't wake up despite all of the commotion, sweet girl. She eventually did wake up once I decided that I really did have to get up and finish dinner, but she sure zonked out while I was under her. I love the crazy pictures of Holland being so thrilled about Miriam being asleep.





The other day Miriam had the worst mosquito bites (for some reason, if anyone is going to get bit, it will be her). She was so itchy so I suggested she have some Benadryl. Of course, she thought it sounded fun to have medicine, especially if it was going to affect her some way like making her sleepy. So she was all for it. She didn't seem too sleepy until an hour or two later when she asked if I wanted to go cuddle with her in bed. I told her that I needed to finish making dinner but I could cuddle on the couch with her for maybe 10 minutes. She laid down on me and within 30 to 60 seconds she was fast asleep.
Holland was all over this. She thought it was the best thing to climb up on my lap too, and especially be able to get all over her sister without getting attacked in return. Miriam didn't wake up despite all of the commotion, sweet girl. She eventually did wake up once I decided that I really did have to get up and finish dinner, but she sure zonked out while I was under her. I love the crazy pictures of Holland being so thrilled about Miriam being asleep.





| I had to include these pictures at the last minute of Holly and Daddy. Melt my heart. |








No comments:
Post a Comment