Friday, March 4, 2016

Visitors and V Day!

Out of the blue my sister texted me and said that they wanted to come visit us over President's Day weekend. What an awesome surprise! Of course we were thrilled!

I am embarrassed that we didn't take more photos of when they were here. We mostly hung out at our house. We also went swimming, to the Orange Patch, and we watched their kids while they went to my dad's show. These pictures are of that time while we played at a nearby park. The kids played so nicely at this park! No fighting at all. It was great! The following day was Sunday (also Valentine's day) and we had heart pancakes, went to church, and made necklaces. We had their girls sleep over on Saturday. It was so fun! Although, quite short!

It made quite an impression on my girls. The other day for preschool Miriam had to write about who she admired most. She started to write Mommy because she teaches my things. But she was definitely considering Aunt Kayla or maybe James (her oldest daughter).

On a separate occasion, Eliza had to write her favorite vacation and she asked me if she could write about when Aunt Kayla came. Sure, honey. She *loved* making necklaces with her necklace making kit. (I did too! I am seriously considering getting some tools so I can make real jewelry!)


Haha! My girls still can fit in the same swing!

I loved catching this moment when John and Eliza were just off talking the two of them. It makes my heart melt.

My girls and I are lucky to have such a wonderful Valentine! He got us all presents...whew the work is cut out for him with four important girls in his life! I got a game and the older kids got a special treat. Holland got extra loves. Oh we just love you John! Thank you for being the best husband and father in the world! Even Holland thinks so!



No comments: