Sweet Holland at nine months old! I want to have this baby forever, but I guess I know that one of the reasons she seems so special is because I know how quickly this time passes.
Still not crawling, but she sure is active on her tummy. I love when she high-centers like this--lifting up her arms and legs like a superman. She also gets on her hands and knees, rocking back and forth. I love it when she gets on her hands and toes in a plank position. The kids call it push-up position. Little sweethearts.
Her hair is getting so long! Miriam probably had this much hair at age two! Here is Miriam on the tricycle we got her for her second birthday. Holly got the hair growing genes--Miri did not. Poor thing. We love her curly red hair though!
| Miriam at 2 years old |
At her 9-month checkup she weighed 16 lbs 12.5 oz, which is the 22%! I can't believe she is so big! She is 28 1/4 inches tall which is the 66%. Her head circumference was 18 inches, which is the 90%. I have my doubts about how accurate those measurements are though, except the weight.
Holland's big accomplishment this month is learning how to sit up independently! She went from being a little baby to a big baby in one move. She loves sitting and for a while really hated being on her tummy. (By 10 months she had tipped over enough that she was used to being on her tummy a lot again.)
She also figured out how to make noise with her nose. She scrunches up her face and sniffs as a game. It is adorable! It is one of the few things (like smiling) that if we do it to her, she knows how to do it back at us.
She also says da-da, drools a lot, and demands playing with toys. We love our Holland-girl!!









No comments:
Post a Comment