Saturday, October 26, 2013

Matchy-Matchy

Having three girls in the house leads to all kinds of silliness. Sorry honey. The first time we painted matching toenails we had to get a photo. 

When the kids saw how great that was, we had to get a photo of matching hands.

And eyes. (But they don't really match)
I still think it is so fun to have two little girls with such similar hair color, but such contrasting eyes. I love it!

And knees of course!

Elbows are a bit thing at our house. One night at dinner we were giving high-fives and knuckles, and Ellie wanted to do elbows too. So we touched elbows. Since then it has become a fixture. My poor child when she goes to school...
Elbows!

And last, kissy faces. :) I love my girls!

From my journal: I have to mention a couple of phrases from Ellie that were pretty funny. One time when I told her that she couldn't read something she said, "I can read it in my heart." Another time when I said I couldn't play with her right then (Sheesh I sound like a horrible mother!) she said, "It's okay. We will just think about you." I heard Ellie say to Miriam, "Miri, can you say 'expalante?' It means 'hello' in Spanish." What a funny, wonderful girl! That being said I have to say that never have I seen Ellie be so good and so bad. She has been so loving, helpful, and sweet. She has made really great strides in her reading too. But, she has also been saying 'no' a lot; colored on things that she is not supposed to; destroyed important things for no reason. It has really been both ends of the spectrum for our Ellie girl.

3 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

You guys are funny. I love the elbows. Yes, teach her it is a "thing"-- she'll get all the kindergartners in on it next year!

Your Wisconsin trip post was so fun. And ketchup seems like more of a vegetable than a french fry anyway, so M's good! (Johnny does that too)

Heidi said...

This is too cute! I love it all!

John said...

I should have gotten my toenails painted so I would match too.