Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fun Times in August!

I am so behind on the goings on in our lives. But I don't want to skip anything so here goes. 

At the beginning of August my mom stayed a week with us while she attended an organ workshop at BYU. She brought down these fun car tracks for the kids to play with. Mainly Eliza played with them and Miriam destroyed Ellie's track set up. Sisterly love was overflowing. :)

Miriam had a little too much fun with finger paints.

I love my girls!

We visited Thanksgiving Point as part of a preschool activity. We sure miss these little friends since we moved.

Ellie really likes to do my hair and take pictures of it and really anything else.

Here is one of her better 'selfies.'

She spent hours working on this painting. It is mainly of butterflies.

Miriam really likes whipped cream and was pretty disappointed when the can was empty. No, I didn't let her actually drink it from the can.

Ellie recently drew a family picture of her cousins' family. The squares are their shirts.

They like to pretend to go 'Night-night.'

Quiet time is the best. I love when she unintentionally takes naps.

From my journal on September 4, 2013: Yikes our move is coming closer and closer! Last Sunday was fast Sunday and I fasted to feel better about our move and that we will be happy down there. It was a powerful experience where I was reminded that envy is a sin that I am guilty of and that I need to repent of. Also, I need to have faith that the Lord knows what is best for me and my family. Last, that optimism has a way of making things turn out better. It was a really good experience. I feel like every time I have fasted recently it has been a powerful experience and I know that this move to Phoenix is the right move for us. The gospel is amazing!

From my journal on September 9, 2013: Well, not terribly surprising we had a hard time adjusting to real life again after our trip to Lake Tahoe. I am pretty sure we got sick too. Later in July, we went on a double date with Glenn and Andrea to Kohinoor. Love Indian food!!! We also invited McKenzie Armstrong over for dinner and games. We are going to miss all of our friends and family.

The next week (after July 24th) my mom stayed with us. It was fun to have her here. We got to go dancing and to the temple. She and John even carpooled to campus every day. She was here for an organ workshop. We have gone on a few fun dates recently. We went to the dollar theater and saw Star Trek. It was so cool. We looked up instructional massage videos online and practiced giving each other massages.

Eliza said a couple of other funny things recently. One time I was making her clean up a small amount of toys after I had cleaned up the whole apartment. She said, "Mom, this is just like Cinderella where the mean step-sisters are making Cinderella do all of the work." I said, "Oh so you mean that I am like Cinderella because I had to do so much work?" "No, it is just like Cinderella."  She also asked John one time, "How many blessing will Heavenly Father give me if I drink this whole glass of water?" We have been trying to stress the importance of drinking water to her. :)

Miriam has been talking a bunch more too. Instead of saying "Ah-poe" for 'open,' she says "ah-pin." My baby is growing up way too fast. She really loves to count and sing the abcs. It is so cute!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Kylee...what cute girls you have. We missed those little faces this last weekend! I haven't been to Thanksgiving Pointe in a while! I didn't even know they had a splash swim area.

Millie said...

Love the fingerpaints and poor M's cute face! :)