Monday, August 12, 2013

Inviting Myself Over

Two days out of the week that John was gone to Turkey, we visited some of my family. I invited myself over to play at their houses all day. It was so fun!  Lesson learned: Invite yourself over, it IS that much more fun at their house. :)

The kids played in the water at Patti's house. So fun! I was grateful to borrow swimming suits for my girls while I was there. Although, seeing my sweet little Ellie in a two-piece was NOT okay. :)

Of course then there is Miriam. At least she has the common sense to like chocolate. So she really went after the donut that was about as big as her head. (Which is saying something. We make pretty big heads around here.) She befouled her borrowed swimming suit. I am so glad that Patti just has a lot of old girl swimming suits around, so the casualty wasn't too great.

So for some reason, seeing my four year old in a two piece was more offensive than letting my almost two year old run around with out clothing at all. Not the most rational I know. :)

After the water, Jane and Ellie had a great time playing in their house. Jane taught Ellie all the wonders of the pretend light-sabers. (You can tell which one has an older brother.)

The next day we played at Miriam's house. Of course the girls wanted to play princesses. Aunt Miriam was nice enough to curl Ellie's hair (and teach me how to do it too!).



Miriam was of course the most fascinated with their awesome playground! She LOVES swings, but slides are fun too! Thank you guys so much for entertaining me and my girls while we were trying to get through the week!!

2 comments:

patti said...

Whoa! I haven't blogged FOREVER! It's fun to go through all your posts from the last...couple years :)

You can "invite yourself" over any time ;) Love the girls playing with the light sabers. I wish we got together more often to just play. The best.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I love you guys. Don't move!! Now we may just have to invite ourselves over to your new home! :)