Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dressing Up

As I was looking through our pictures, deciding what to post about, I was astounded at how many pictures I have of Ellie dressing up. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering it is one of her favorite activities. Miriam got in on the action with the matching sunglasses.

This was on Father's Day. John is such a great dad! I admit I like playing dress up with them too. It is fun to see how they both just want their dancing skirts on if they feel like dancing.

Ellie likes to pick out my clothes while I am in the shower. One day, instead of trying to shove my shorts under the bathroom door like normal, I got out of the shower to see my girls trying them on. You know you have arrived as a mom when your kids play dress ups with your clothes. :)

I was trying to pull the same move as Ellie in her picture. Pretty fun. Also, I discovered that M now has enough hair to support TWO pony tails. She loves them (most of the time) and yells 'two' at me if I try to do her hair.


Ellie actually earned a real dress up dress as part of a reading goal. This girl loves to pose. The picture on the left is of her doing a curtsy. Oh the girlishness!
From my journal: A couple of funny things that the girls have been saying: Miriam has picked up on the grunts that mean yes or no. "uh-huh" and "uh-uh" It is really cute. She also says the word "okay" with emphasis on the 'kay.' We really love it. Ellie has started to use the word 'rather' a lot. Which is pretty cute. She also is constantly surprising us with her reasoning skills. A couple of the funny phrases she has surprised us with is "Daddy, you are such a smoothie, I could just drink you up!" "Mommy's head is bigger than all of ours." Punk kid. :)

I prepared a lesson for a parenting group, but no one came. I was actually kind of happy about it because the kids were in bed early. The house was cleaned up, and John and I were able to work on a de-junking project that evening. Five garbage bags of clothes and a box were taken to DI. Wow, we have accumulated a lot of stuff! That was just our two closets. We have a lot left to do!

Norma and Hema came for dinner. I served Indian food that turned out really well! Good job, me! :) I made saag paneer, spicy yellow lentils, and a veggie chicken tikka masala. Norma gave us haircuts, and we played our new game with them (7 Wonders).

John planned the date for last weekend, which included a "Would you rather..." game. Example: "Would you rather be 4 feet tall or 7 feet tall?" It was really fun. We also made some cookies with beans instead of butter. They were really good.

3 comments:

John said...

Cutest kids ever conceived, I am quite sure.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Such a fun post! Go Ellie for earning the last one-- it's darling on you!

Jebbie said...

I can't wait till Molly starts dressing up. It looks so fun. Your kids are so cute!