Baby M joined us this past week. We sure love her! It was pretty nice to be induced this time. We arrived at the hospital at around 3:45 pm instead of 2 am. The epidural was in place before any serious contractions started.
We expected her to be just like Ellie, but their personalities are quite different. M is much more demanding, and enjoys eating significantly more than Ellie did. Her cry is higher pitched too. Right now she likes to eat every 3 to 4 hours during daylight hours and about every 2 hours at night. We are hoping that reverses soon. Very soon. We love her anyway!
She was almost the same size as her big sister, just 3 more ounces (at 7 lbs even) and the same length (19.5 in). However, after a few days, she is only about 3 ounces below her birth weight instead of 10 to 12 like her less hungry sister.
We think she looks a lot like Ellie, but it is kind of weird for us to have a baby with dark hair and dark eyes.
8 comments:
So happy for y'all! Super cute! I have to admit I cannot tell who is who. But, I do think that they look very much alike. Congrats! Melissa
She is adorable. We're glad we got to meet her! I'll email you some pics soon!!
The hair color is what gives it away.
Congrats you guys! We wish were there. I have been checking your blog everyday to see pictures of the new baby. I guess I should have just called instead! She does look just like Ellie! And Kylee you look amazing for just having a baby.
Hooray! Thanks for the pictures!
I love the one of Ellie next to "Baby M" in the car seat-- I swear Ellie was just in that seat, but look how big she is now! She seems very proud of her new sister.
Crazy you guys-- you now have CHILDREN. ;) Hope you're getting enough sleep to function... somewhat.
She looks sooooo tiny in that car seat! She looks so sweet and wonderful- and how great that she likes to eat!!! I can't wait to meet her
Beautiful! She is absolutely perfect! Congrats, you two. You've done it again. If you are going to have such gorgeous girls, you better have at least a dozen.
Hope you are doing well, sleep deprived and all.
I'm so glad we we able to come down and watch her for a few hours! She is so so darling! Do you guys call her "M"? What happened to Miri?
We love her and Luke and Jane are excited to have a new cousin!
Post a Comment