In May we went with my whole family to southern Utah and camped at Goblin Valley. I say that we camped, but really can you call it camping if there are hot showers available? :) Seriously gotta love the Goblin Valley campground. We were concerned there was going to be a lot of rain, but it ended up being beautiful almost the entire time we were there. We spent the first day in Capitol Reef. I know that I have been there before as a kid, but I couldn't remember anything about it. It was really beautiful. We went on a fun little hike to a humongous natural bridge in the morning. In the afternoon we did a little walk up a slot canyon. Doesn't this picture already seem like a classic?
The following day we spent in Goblin Valley. It was really fun to go with Ellie this year because she actually wanted to walk around and see things.
Okay, in all reality her favorite things to see were the other girls' shoes and playing in the dirt.
It was so beautiful and we couldn't have asked for more pleasant weather to walk around in. We even did a bit of climbing. I had to get a belly shot at the top of the wall at the edge of Goblin Valley.
Here is a view at the same spot looking the other way.
One of my favorite things was having my eight year old nephew tag along with us. He is seriously the perfect age for Goblin Valley--endless energy, curiosity to climb everywhere, and absolutely no fear. John was the super uncle and would go climb around with him.
In their explorations they found this awesome cave. Check out the small opening.
It went a lot farther than I thought it would.
I had to go check it out too, but only had just enough room.
The next day we drove home, but made it fun by stopping at a beautiful sand dune. Ellie was in heaven!
Here is a picture of most of the grandkids. I did pretty well at getting them to look at the camera, don't ya think? :)
We had such a good time. Ellie really wants to go camping again. She's figured out that everything fun happens after a long drive in the car, so instead of asking specifically to go do such and such, now she just asks to go on a long drive.
7 comments:
That's so funny-- "Can we go on a long drive?" Ha! I love it.
Do you have any more pictures of the cousins playing on the sand dunes? I didn't have my camera, so I guess I'm looking to mooch. That was such a genius idea.
Kylee, it kinda looks like you have a baby in your tummy... Haha, kids are cute. You look so cute with your belly, that place looks amazing, I want to go!!! Such cute pictures. :)
Thanks for the fun little update. As always it is a pleasure...Melissa
Looks like fun!
What a fun trip! (Definitely worth a long drive.) Goblin Valley really is he best. Last time we went Ezra wasn't walking yet... I think we need to go again!
Now that I think of it... I think I was freaking out about not doing fun things after I had my second, too! I'm glad you got some good trips in!
Thanks for posting. I just stole all the pics! ;) It really was such a fun trip. Those little Deru Grandkids are just beautiful! ;)
Post a Comment