Thursday, January 10, 2019

Little Sunbeam


 Oh, my sweet Holland, how can you be growing up so fast? This last Sunday, in addition to being the first Sunday with two hour church and the Come Follow Me curriculum, was Holland's first day in Primary as a Sunbeam. She grew up way too fast for me recently: first, switching her car seat to forward facing; second, starting sunbeams?! It probably helps that she is small for her age, and she acts younger than her little buddy Sophie. I delude myself into thinking she is my baby even though there are life events telling me she is growing up.
At 3.5 Holland loves playing kitchen, toddler legos, looking at stories, watching movies, and eating pistachios and other treats (especially gum!!). She loves her balance bike, baby bear, and doing tricks. She really loves bossing people around, painting, and doing things herself. Holland is still loving reading lesson, but depending on the day I am more optimistic or frustrated at her progress. At least she loves it though. We still struggle with her not having potty accidents, but it is definitely less of a problem than it used to be.  She loves preschool time, especially at Sophie's house.

Holland has us all wrapped around her finger, but she is also still 3 years old. This means, we are pretty sure she is about 70% pure delight and 30% pure terror. Those percentages might have been switched today because of some epic tantrums plus a sweet moment when she hugged my face and told me "You are my good buddy."
Another great moment recently was when I told her that she was cute and she replied with, "I think so!" You ride the confidence forever, my little one.
Another sweet moment was when she asked to color a picture, "Can I color a picture of my beautiful family?"

It was less sweet, but hilarious when she threw a full temper tantrum because "I want it to rain inside!"
Holland is really obsessed with curly hair vs. wrinkly hair. I am not really sure which one she thinks she has compared to what other people have, but she gets real offended if you tell her she has wrinkly hair. "I don't have wrinkly hair!!"
Other things are more acceptable. "Here are my happy panties, Mommy."
She has started asking "Why not?" a lot! It is funny to remember how Ellie used to say, "Why?" and Miriam used to say "How do you know?" at this exact stage. What funny girls!
Less funny is how obsessed she is with making kitty, doggy, and baby noises, which all amounts to the same thing. Little whiny squeals.
One hilarious day was when she told me, "I have everything I want." This was right after she pooped in the toilet. Later than day after I had to go, "Are you proud of yourself, Mommy?" She cracks me up.

Look how tiny she looks up on that front row!

Also, something funny. Check out this picture Holland drew of me. I am feeling a little chubby since the holidays, so I am not sure how I feel about this. :) 

No comments: