Sunday, September 30, 2018

Happy Birthday to John (and me)!


Recently John turn 35! It was a normal school and work day, but we ate some yummy food and opened a few presents. John requested seven layer dip for his birthday dinner, which is super good, but just hard enough that it has to be a birthday type event for me to make it by myself. We finished it off with a delicious chocolate cream pie.

He got a couple of presents from us and some darling cards from the kids. Eliza wrote him card with a bunch of compliments and coupons for nice things. Miriam wrote him nice card that included a poem she composed (I edited for spelling):
I love you
You love me
We love each
other just like
it should be
Holland made a nice handprint card with Mommy's help. :)




Daddy's presents included: coconut milk, homemade chocolates from Mommy, new clothes and a pack of new mints (since his jaw has been giving him so much trouble this last year, he can't chew gum or hard things anymore).

His main present (and my birthday present this year too!) is furniture for our living room. We went couch shopping for a few weeks, bought three different rugs, a couple of trips to various Costcos to get the nice rocking/swivel chair, and a bunch of throw pillows and small rugs to match. It was actually a pretty big present to ourselves. We love it though. Now we just need to get a fan for the front room so it won't be to hot to sit in there.


This is us trying to decide between rugs. I didn't even take a picture of one because as soon as I saw it in person I knew it wasn't what I wanted. I really like the one we ended up choosing!


It was actually my birthday celebration day recently too, even though I don't have any photographic evidence. :) The last couple year I have had a celebration birthday day because my real birthday is too close to Christmas to do anything. I was spoiled by a few cute decorations, German chocolate pancakes for breakfast, Thai salads for dinner, and pudding brownies with ice cream for dessert. Yeah, it was delicious! For my sweet gifts, I received yummy coconut milk, dark chocolate almond milk, and a subscription to Hallmark movies now (I am a big Hallmark movie and tv show girl these days).

Here are a couple of photos of my cute cards:
Once again Miriam wrote a cute poem
I love you
You love me
We love each
other and I like
it that way!

Eliza included a couple of sweet coupons. :)


I am the luckiest mommy! This wasn't even for my birthday, but look at the sweet card I received recently from my sweet Miriam.










No comments: