Sunday, April 10, 2016

Holland 10 Months


Oh this girl is just as sweet as a honey. Being 10 months old has meant a lot of changes for Miss Holly.

We have started feeding her more types of food. She still really doesn't like baby cereal mixed with milk. But she does seem to like sitting on my lap at dinner and be finger fed soft food from my plate. She has had rice, bread, tortilla, avocado, asparagus, banana, and grapes. We have done avocados the most. Since I feed her mostly from my fingers, when she sees something that I am holding that she wants to eat, she grabs my wrist/arm/hand and moves the food to her mouth that way. I am officially a spoon.


Holland is also starting to get more and more mobile. She can now move herself pretty deliberately forward. Not so much a crawl as a scoot. She pushes up on her knees and toes and kind of flops forward to get ahead a few inches. That, combined with rolling and moving backwards means that she gets around. She has just barely started to follow us. I will put her in a room next to the kitchen, and a few minutes later (with lots of loud breathing and struggling sounds) I will hear her soft hands starting to pat the tile, or the whine noise that means "I want to be picked up, Mom" at my feet.


She loves, loves to play with her tongue. It is almost always hanging out of her mouth! She twists it a lot and also clicks it. She also likes to smack her lips. It is adorable!

See that tongue! She also likes playing with other toys. Especially she likes being sat next to the tub of magformers and unloading those bright toys.

Holland's new tricks include waving and clapping hands. It is about the cutest thing in the entire world. Really, I think that is an accurate rating on the cuteness scale. :)


We ask her to wave and clap, which she will do, but it works better if we do it while we ask her so she kind of copies us.

She is getting so big! Her very first tooth came through on April 8th. Nearly 11 months old--not bad! I love that gummy smile, but I bet those teeth are going to be adorable. She doesn't drool nearly so much anymore but has been a little fussy. We will blame the extra fussiness on those tender gums.


Holly has also started to recognize the word, "Milk." Especially when John says, "Do you want some milk?" I often get a little frantic baby on my hands.


She is so giggly and sweet! She loves being tickled and playing peek-a-boo. She still loves baths and splashing like crazy. We love our Holland!


No comments: