We had a really nice Thanksgiving holiday. We did a thankful chain for Thanksgiving. Every night in
November we each wrote we were thankful for on a piece of paper and made a long
chain with them. Every single night Miriam said she was thankful for teeth. It was
so cute!
Everybody really liked it. It was fun. Ellie was thankful for lots of things: bed, butterflies, toys, stories, elephants, Holy Ghost, etc. It really made me think about how many, many blessings I have in my life. It is impossible to name them all.
We stayed in Arizona this year. Our first Thanksgiving with just us. One of the families in the ward dropped by
our apartment as they were leaving to California to give us a plate of goodies
saying that they are thinking about us in our first Arizona Thanksgiving. It
was so nice!
We made way too much food for Thanksgiving, but it was all delicious. The kids liked the exact opposite foods.
We also traced our hands and made fun turkeys out of them. It was a really nice Thanksgiving holiday.
We also traced our hands and made fun turkeys out of them. It was a really nice Thanksgiving holiday.
Just a couple funny notes on the kids recently: Miriam has really given us a run for our money on the
potty training idea since we moved here. She did super well for about 5 days
and then for the last week we have had a lot of accidents. I am hoping that she
decides that potty training is a good idea again.
Some funny things that Ellie has said recently:
"Miriam, after we go to sleep, Daddy and Mommy stay up
late playing games and eating treats."
"Daddy, come see imagination."
After I said to her, "Ellie do you know what I
love...you." "What about me? I love you!"
Miriam says funny things too.
She got after Ellie for doing something naughty. "Not
okay Ellie. Not okay."
3 comments:
Hey, our posts match! Your Thanksgiving looks delicious and sweet-- I love the thankful chain.
Hey, our posts match! Your Thanksgiving looks delicious and sweet-- I love the thankful chain.
For fun! We have the exact dishes! I love them. Except all my soup bowls like you have in the picture are broken and gone. We have had them for over 16 years. We are always having folks over.
Keep up the blogging.
Melissa
Post a Comment