Tuesday, November 19, 2013

An Adult

John has recently reached a two pretty big milestones in his life. First, an end to his 20s. Yikes, how did time go by that fast?
Chocolate-Raspberry Cheesecake. Best. Dessert. Ever.


AND John finished his career as a student. Going from being a student almost your entire life to an employee is a pretty big change for him. Also, he is going to insist on being called Dr. from now on...just kidding. :)

We celebrated the night he finished his dissertation defense with yummy fresh caprese salad. Delicious! Although, I do not think our girls were as impressed with the dish as we were.

Congratulations John on officially becoming an adult! ;) I am so proud of you!

From my journal: The next week was John's birthday. I made him copycat Cafe Rio salads and Raspberry Chocolate cheesecake for dessert. The big 3-0. I tried to make it fun for him, but I didn't go all out because I had a surprise birthday/graduation party planned for later. 

The next week we went to a Brandon Sanderson book signing. He is our favorite author! It was so fun to see him and get our book personalized, even if we didn't really know what to say. Later that week Matt came over and we went to a Choral Showcase at BYU. It was really fun! That Saturday was the surprise party for John that turned out pretty good. My dad, grandparents, and David and Patti's family came. Also, Glenn and Andrea, the Guinns and the Pearsons were there. It was really nice, and John's mom had him walk for all of his degrees. :) We bought pizza and people brought sides. 

That week we went up to the Armstrong's house and had a nice dinner with McKenzie. We had a nice evening with her. We spent a lot of time with people before we moved. It was so worth it. It made us sad to realize how many people are in our lives that we won't see very much any more. We also made a trip to Ogden to get some family photos of our family. We had dinner with David and Patti that night, and it was surprisingly relaxing and fun.

Then Thursday was John's dissertation defense that went super smoothly. Woohoo! Dr. Pearson!

2 comments:

Kids and Canning Jars said...

Not a real Doctor???? Tee hee. Congrats
Melissa

John said...

Great. Now I have to act all mature.