Someone told us before we got married that a year or two into marriage, we would wake up one day and realize that we didn't love each other like we used to. Now the weirdness of saying that aside, I have to say that I agree. Only for me this has happened regularly in the last six years of marriage. I don't love him like I used to. How could I possibly? So many things that I appreciate and love about him now, I didn't know then. For example, check out his pancake making skills. :) Of course, Miss Ellie wanted an 'E.'
He said that each rose represented 1.2 years of marriage. :)
These are obviously fairly silly reasons to love him, but I do cherish them. A lot of the things that make me love him the most right now I didn't know when we were married. For example, John really is an incredible father! I love, LOVE watching him play with our girls. John has proven again and again throughout the last six years that he is a kind, loving, and charitable husband. Every year of being married has been better than the one before, which is really saying something because I thought our first year of marriage was wonderful! So, no, I don't love him the way I used to, I love him more and more everyday. :) Happy six years to us!
2 comments:
Yep we had a wonderful sixth anniversary, and I am glad you still like me. Thanks honey!
haha I love the roses. Happy 6th anniversary. That went by fast!
Post a Comment