Monday, October 12, 2009

Hiking the Y

A couple of weeks ago we hiked the Y for the first time since we had Ellie. Whew! It was harder than we remembered! Ellie was a trooper and didn't mind the hike at all. Of course, she was carried the whole way!

The Y has always been a special place for us because we hiked it on our third date. As we were hiking down John held my hand for the first time, which prompted a DTR conversation (for those of you that don't speak BYU lingo that means 'define the relationship.' So we talked about such things as exclusiveness and what holding hands meant to each one of us). Those are great conversations. Anyway, this time around we didn't hold hands all that much, mostly cause they were too sweaty.
While we were up there Ellie enjoyed a pear. She really went to town on it. It was kind of sad for me because it was supposed to be my pear!

5 comments:

JuliebG said...

man, you did it without a carrying pack...you are so lucky she is petite! Cute pictures!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Hahaha. Ellie, you're cute. Pears are delicious. Way to hike the Y-- that's awesome. Did you have a DTR on this hike? ;)

David said...

I love those pear pics. It's so fun to start introducing foods to these little girls. I always let Jane such a plum or an apple. So cute.

I think "DTR" is universal...not just BYU. I can't really remember the details of when David and I had that talk. But I do remember feeling giddy.

Ella said...

You seriously carried her the whole way! I would have made her walk-jk- but seriously, you don't have a hiking back pack??? You gots ta get one of those. I used to do my grocery shopping with Noah in it- come to think of it- Noah practically lived n that thing!

She is too cute ky!

John said...

No, we used a front-pack thing to carry her in. Or rather, I used it to carry her. Kylee carried the backpack with our lunch in it.

Yeah, she loves pears!