Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lake Powell August 2009

Ellie's first time at Lake Powell.
It was an adventure, but we had a great time!

My awesome grandma is holding sweet James.

Love that Anna!
I was really impressed with how reasonably warm the water was.

Skinny baby! I don't know how much she actually got in the water, but the suit was cute anyway.

Chatting it up with Grandpa Lucas.

Precious Anna! I love my nieces!

I love my husband! He's the best!!

Feeding her and taking naps was kind of an adventure with the life jacket on.

Overall though, she was a really good sport about it.

There are lots of good things to do with life jackets.


Slot canyons are the coolest!

Such cute little girls! Dang, that Anna is flexible!

We went down to the Wahweep area and had a wonderful time seeing a different area of the lake than we normally do. I couldn't believe how gorgeous those cliffs were.

While we were there, a scary storm hit the lake. A bunch of boats sank. I am not sure if it was this houseboat or not, but I know that one caught on fire, which made it sink. I think this one had its runabout boat crash through the side of it. Lake Powell is wonderful, but it really makes you realize how powerful nature is to be out in it. Fortunately, the only casualty our party suffered was a box of shoes that got dumped in the lake during the storm.


The closest I got to a smile while in the life jacket.
The last day I tried water skiing for the first time. I gave it my best shot, but never made it up on the skis. :( However, it was a ton of fun and I am anxious to give it another go. Marc, Miriam and John went out there like pros. It was so much fun!

Ahhh....


I am sad we never got a picture of the campsite. It was great! It was a little walk from the water, but pretty reasonable for the shade and privacy. Ever since we got home we have had the bug to go again. We love Lake Powell!

6 comments:

John said...

You did great at water skiing, I bet you get up the next time.

Ella said...

Looks like it was an awesome trip! Those are some seriously cute little girls!

Did you say that was your first time trying to water-ski?!!!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Good re-cap-- I think you got it all covered except for the AMAZING FOOD. We had a lot of BLTs and muffins, didn't we? I can't wait to go waterskiing again. That was so fun! THanks for the pics! I'll have to snag a couple off your post.

patti said...

It's so fun to see all those little girls at Lake Powell. It reminds me so much of when Lucas went for the first time. He was a little younger than James.

That picture with the sun behind the cliffs is gorgeous! I bet it was neat seeing that area. I didn't see any pictures of the Armstrongs in there...didn't they go?

JuliebG said...

loved the pictures...especially the one of Ellie in the life-jacket sucking on the strap! She is so cute in her little swimsuit too!

julie said...

looks like so much fun! ellie is too cute and a very good sport to wear that life jacket!