Slowly, very slowly, I started to feel better. Like I said in the last post, sleeping in everyday helped tremendously. Even now, when I have to wake up early for something, I am fighting mild nausea throughout the day.
I made it to a school activity. The turkey trot is always lots of fun, with the warm up dancing at the beginning, and the music while we run around. Plus there is water and oranges for the kiddos at the end. Eliza certainly doted on Holland, staying with her as a running buddy, and including her in a friends' picture after.
This was the day before Thanksgiving break, so I did something I have never done before and checked them out for rest of the day just for fun. I don't remember what we did, but I am pretty sure there was treats and games involved.
Over Thanksgiving break, we postponed our Turkey dinner for a couple of days so we could eat with my mom later that weekend. We spent Thanksgiving day decorating for Christmas. I was feeling quite sick that day, so I should say, John and the girls decorated for Christmas. He put up lights on the outside of our house for the first time. That was pretty fun. We also got the Christmas tree set up. Thanksgiving was unusually late this year, so we had to get a jump on decorations if we were going to enjoy them at all before we headed up to Utah for the break.
We enjoyed having the lights on the house, around the pillar, and especially around the totem pole and saguaro cacti.
Thanksgiving also marked the end of another soccer season. Ellie and Miriam were in more of a competitive league, and we were just trying to convince Holland to stay on the field and pay attention to the ball. Not surprisingly we decided to wait a while before signing her up for something like this again.
Grandma flew in on Black Friday. We did some Christmas shopping that morning, and John orchestrated a magnificent meal for that evening. We love doing the slow cooker turkey breast. Another highlight from the meal was the rolls that Eliza and Miriam made completely by themselves with very little supervision. They were delicious, which isn't too shocking considering how much butter was involved.
Holland is learning how to write and draw, so we find little notes and pictures scattered around her.
After Thanksgiving break was concert week! We love the MCO concerts. The girls looked darling. I had never tried to curl Miriam's hair before, so I had to take a quick pic.
The Christmas concert was made up of the music that will be on the upcoming album, which we couldn't be happier about. It was a fantastic concert, maybe the best one yet.
My dad also flew in earlier that week for the concert.
The girls also said that they would really like to attend a concert to see what it was like. So, John took them as a special Daddy daughters date.
This was this year's Thanksgiving Chain. We did approximately 5% as a family. Eliza and Miriam did the other 95%. I thought running out of staples was a real possibility this year.
Grandma got all the girls fun puzzles for Christmas. This was Miriam's puzzle and since it was Nativity themed we had to do it during the Christmas season.
One day Miriam and Holland put together a show for me. They spent a couple of hours working on it. It was pretty cute although I wish it hadn't included jumping on my bed.
Then there was the ward Christmas party. This was definitely one of those things that was a complete bait and switch. Earlier in the season, my girls were asked to sing a musical number for the ward RS dinner. Sure, no problem. They sang Silent Night, and it was adorable. Later that week, they were asked to help sing a musical number for the ward Christmas party. Once again, seemed like no big deal, so I said yes. Haha, nope! Turns out, it was more of a play production with a script, costumes, scenes, and acting they were supposed to be doing. The most painful part for me was the number of rehearsals that they wanted them to do. Ugh, it is the busiest time of year, and if I had known what we were being asked to do, there is literally no way I would have agreed to it. Nevertheless, my little Whogirls were super darling. We spent awhile fixing their hair. Eliza ended up crocheting both of their scarves the week before because she thought their costumes needed a little more. She did a great job.
We weren't done there. The next day was the Primary nativity, and Eliza played Mary. This was pretty low stress for me, and I didn't have to prepare much. It was funny though that Holland as one of the shepherd's sheep, totally left her flock and wouldn't exit the stage. She was Mary's little pet sheep for the duration of the nativity.
This was when Miriam (the angel appearing to the shepherds) told them to go to Bethlehem to see the Christ child. One little sheep had already escaped to the stable. :)
One little fun family activity, we made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. It was pretty great and messy.
This note was found from Miriam's friend. I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head in concern.
One fun activity was Miriam and John built a catapult together for a school project. He went with her one morning to see it get launched. She had to launch a ping pong ball 6 ft. They designed and built the whole thing together. One tricky part was that they couldn't buy any supplies to make it. It worked great! Also, it was crazy hat day.
More school fun. Twin day and Miriam's class party. Eliza's teacher never really told us when her class party was, so I couldn't make it to hers. Miriam had lots of fun with different activities in the class. I think our favorite was a new dice game we were introduced to, Left Right Center. It is on our list to get our kids someday.
Holland pulled a fast one on us one morning and threw up all over our bed. That was not my best day. She later fell asleep on the bathmat for about an hour. It was pretty heartbreaking.
She bounced back pretty fast though, and they were playing in no time. I don't think anyone even caught it. All this time, my belly was growing and growing. Sometimes I can't quite believe we waited so long to tell them about the baby. Clearly I was showing already.











































No comments:
Post a Comment