Monday, March 2, 2020

New Baby Reveal


We planned on telling the kids a few days before we left for Christmas about the new baby. I thought a lot about how to tell them and decided to order a onesie off of Etsy that said "Be Jealous, I have the best sisters." They could open it and figure out there was a new baby. This is actually how it happened, but we were nervous there for a minute that it wouldn't arrive in time to give to the girls before we left for Utah. The production seemed slow and then there was a mix up about the shipping. Thankfully it arrived just in time, and we were able to follow through with our plans the evening after the start of winter break. 
My belly was really starting to show, which made it life a little awkward. We hadn't really told anyone except my mom and Erica and Nathan because we didn't want it getting around and someone accidentally spilled the beans to them. I only had one other person ask, so it was all fine. It was pretty obvious though, at least to me. Even Holland on the morning before we told them said to me, "I think you might have a baby in your tummy because it is getting so big." Yep, we couldn't put it off any longer. 


Here is the video of telling the girls. It is pretty great. I have to laugh at how immediately Miriam wanted to talk about how the baby got in there. :) 



Happy big sisters!

No comments: