Sunday, March 22, 2020

It's a girl!

Out entire family had been eagerly counting down and anticipating finding out what flavor of baby we were having and the day finally arrived. We were so thrilled to find out. John came with me to the ultrasound, of course, and the technician went through every little thing before she looked at the sex of the baby. The anticipation was killing me. I thought she was going comment about how hard my heart was beating. Seriously I was sweating, heart racing, and she just extended it on and on. I would get little glimpses of the umbilical cord and thought it meant that we were having a boy, but no.








 We had never seen 3d ultrasound pictures before for our own child. That was a fun surprise. But honestly, can we just find out what we're having already??
 Cute little feet!

 Hands in front of her face. 
 The empty cavities in her chest are a good sign that she is able to drink and her body is processing the amniotic fluid. She spent a lot of time checking that. She also wanted to check my anatomy including the placement of my ovaries. Apparently I have "Barbie ovaries." Haha, never been accused of having the features of Barbie before. My ovaries are just where they are supposed to be and completely symmetrical. That's good...I guess.

Eventually though, the technician finally showed us the gender. Another girl!!! We were super thrilled. To be honest, I had been praying and hoping for another girl because it sounded so much easier than trying to figure out boy stuff at this point. I love my little girls more than I can say, so of course I just wanted another one of those. To my surprise though, there was the tiniest twinge of disappointment that we'll never have a son. We're just never going to experience that. Now though, I just wondering what this little one's hair color is going to be: dark, blonde, red?? It really could be anything.
To say that the kids were thrilled is understating it. We did a little reveal box for them, and to be honest, they were almost obnoxiously excited. Then we celebrated with fresh donuts with pink candles. Pretty great day. I still can't believe that we are going to have four little girls! What?? I never envisioned that being my family. I also can't believe that we are going to have to come up with another girl name. Yikes!
And I just have to say that I thought I was having a boy all four times. Clearly, I have no intuition at all. With Eliza I was 85% sure she would be a boy. With Miriam I was 60% sure she would be a boy. With Holland I was 125% sure she would be a boy. And with this little one I was only 85% sure she would be a boy (only because I had been wrong every time before), I really thought she would be. So to recap, I am zero for four in guessing correctly, but I am four for four in feeling super lucky and excited.

No comments: