Finally I started to feel more like myself again. This corresponds to more photos being taken and more memories being recordered. Not to mention, it just means I am a lot more involved with my family's life. Reading books with Holland (and the older girls). Doing easy activities with them too. Holland kind of discovered that she liked puzzles one day in January. She did so many puzzles that day and still likes to pull them out.
I am still not getting up for bus drop off but at least I can get their hair done for church on Sunday. I am afraid that they look a little homeless for school. One day Holland drew me as this awesome drawing. Apparently the big hump back is the baby in my tummy. :)
We finally started using the Children's Museum pass that we bought a few months ago. It is fun to go with friends.
We even took advantage of the lovely weather and went to the park for a couple of playdates.
I started to be able to eat fruit again, just in time for our yummy blood oranges to be picked! Our little tree held on to seven oranges which ripened throughout the year. It was a record for us!
We have church starting at 11:30 this year, which took a little adjustment, but it has all been good. I love two hour church with a family devotional every Sunday. We even started to have people come over to our house for a playdate. Clearly I have been feeling a ton better. Holland loves Sophie so so so so SO SO SO SO SO SO much!!!
Our anniversary gift to each other this year was a little 3 month texting service that gives each of us 2 challenges a week of quick 10 minute actions to do to make our marriage stronger. We also alternate getting a date idea for each week. One weekend John got takeout from a yummy restaurant for us. We seriously never do that, so it was pretty fun. We had to eat it by candlelight of course.
One weekend the kids' school had a Valentines Dance. For the first time Moms were invited! I got to go dance silly with my kiddos in public. It was a little embarrassing with my big prego body, but it was great.
Eliza eventually ditched us to dance with her friends on the stage, but it was still fun to dance with my cutie Miriam and my better half John.
One random thing that happened this time of year was that I was contacted by Miriam's first grade teacher, who retired two years ago, to make her another necklace. Apparently I made her one as a teacher gift that year, and she liked it enough to track me down to get another one. It gave me kind of a crazy thrill to actually earn some money, but it was stressful enough to not want to start a business or anything.
















No comments:
Post a Comment