Holly has been evolving in her crawling abilities. She started out mainly planking and piking. Then she started putting weight on her knees. Then she would push herself forward with her toes while in plank position. Then she would thrust herself forward with a worm crawl. Now, she has figured a normal crawl--hands and knees.
This means that the world is a whole different place for her (and me!). She found the doorstops, gets to whatever 'toys' (like the garbage can) she wants to get to. I have to worry about hot ovens, dishwashers, choking hazards, cords, bathroom doors, gross flipflops, and stairs (among everything else).
The kids have to worry about her getting their stuff. See that open door near her while she is playing with the laundry basket? Foolish. The other night I thought John was watching her, and he thought I was watching her. Well, neither of us were watching her, and she crawled off the top of the stairs. Fortunately, we have the world's softest carpet and it is only half a flight of stairs down to where the landing is and the stairs turn. Nevertheless, I will never forget that moment when I realized she wasn't beside me. Turning around and seeing the exact moment when she fell. So. Horrible. What a blessing that she wasn't hurt.
Sometimes it is really cute when she gets into things. Like the day she somehow managed to get in the upturned toy basket. I am really concerned about her learning to climb the stairs. We will need a gate at both ends of the stairs!
It also means that it is next to impossible to get a picture of her when I am trying to get her to look at me (and the camera). She just charges for me. What a sweetheart!









No comments:
Post a Comment