Sunday, May 15, 2016

I Love Age 4!




Oh my Miriam! I love you so much! I love how you sing songs about what you are doing. I love your sweet smile and giggles! I love how serious you can be about the silliest things. I love, LOVE the things you say: (I am sure that so many of these things aren't as funny when you aren't in that moment, but at the time...oh my, so funny!)


Miriam told me one morning that her goal was to not blink for the rest of the day.

Miriam told me once in the bath, "Girls can wear ties to work, you know." I asked her what made her say that. She said she wants to wear a tie like you to church. 
This is her "happy, pretty smile!"

One thing that is so funny/sad about Miriam right now is how scared she is of being locked in stores. She doesn't want to go even close to the time when a store or the library is closing. Sweet girl!

One time she was saying the prayer at dinner and thanked God for this delicious food. It was just so cute!

She is such a martyr sometimes. One time she got shampoo in her eyes in the shower. She told John that "that is how life is sometimes."

One night before bed, John gave me a great big kiss. Miriam, who was watching, said, "I want to lick your lips too."
I am trying to do more projects for preschool. She loves it!

She lined up all of her toys--including Holland!


As always she is obsessed with how old she is. John taught her that she is "four and three quarters" now. I love it whenever she tells someone that. Although one time she told me, "I am four so I am like a five year old."

One of my favorites was when I was showering with her. I do this often and let her play with some shaving cream while I shave my legs. She told me she wanted to use the whole can of shaving cream right now and play with it. I told her that it would be wasting it to use it all right now. She replied with, "Well then you shouldn't have had me or Holland or Ellie if you didn't want to waste things because that is what kids do." Haha! We went from not wasting shaving cream to I shouldn't have been born in one sentence!
I love it when she asks me to take her picture!

She told me once at dinner, "Can we have kid food? I am really into kid food right now."

One time she was describing my perfume, "It is a good smelling juice that you don't drink." I love her!

Instead of saying switch, every time she says "swip, swap." It is adorable!

I can't help but think of how close Kindergarten is coming. She is doing great at preschool and her reading is coming along great! It is still surprising to me to have her just read something she sees. She is going to do great at Kindergarten, but I am dreading losing her in the morning. Thank goodness there is a half-day option!

Anyway, one of my goals running through my head is trying to make the most of everyday. So I have been trying to sign the kids up for more stuff, do more crafts and projects, and take time to play with them more.

We did this borax crystal craft. It was way trickier than I thought it would be. However, we did two batches, and I got it more figured out. I was going to do a third, but for some reason when I turned the heat on the stove to start melting the crystals, some suction formed on the lid, and it exploded all over the kitchen. It was such a mess. One reason it was so difficult to clean up was that when the water cooled the crystals started forming everywhere. And these crystals are hard! I was trying to pry these out of the pot with a screwdriver. The only way to get it off was to pour really hot water everywhere to dissolve it, and then quickly wipe it up. Yeah...it was an unintended long project that night, cleaning it up. So you win some and you lose some on these projects.
Never again.


I love her hair! So does everyone else! She regularly gets comments about how adorable it is.

She told me once as she was sitting patiently waiting for me to be done nursing Holland. "I like to have my big persons near." I love her!

No comments: