Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Fathers Day 2020


This handsome guy is super dad. John serves us all so much. He is a full partner in all the things, which makes me feel like the luckiest girl. He is always so patient with the kids and with me. Ever since I got pregnant with Darcy, life has been tricky and challenging, and he has stepped up. I am sure it can't be easy to have a full time job at which they just want more and more of you, have a time consuming calling where what he could or should be doing is never ending, take on the bulk of the house work and shopping, have four girls to keep track of and meet the needs of, AND have a sick or in pain wife who needs physical, mental, and emotional support. And he does all this with a smile and patience. John's probably going to get translated soon. Not that I am saying everything has been smooth sailing for him--definitely a dad and a mom helping together is better. I think he would give that a hearty "amen."
So Father's Day landed 6 days after Darcy was born. Needless to say, it looked a little different than it normally would. A family in our ward brought in an amazing dinner (authentic Brazilian!), and I think he made his own brownies (they were delicious). We ordered some presents for him--yummy chocolates and a new game (Dice Throne). Miriam crocheted him this cute blue tie. She's adorable. We all think he is tops. Holland told him the other day that she wants to marry him when she grows up. I hope that they can find men that will live up to their wonderful father. 

No comments: