Monday, June 17, 2013

Has it Really Been 7 Years?!

A few weeks ago, on the anniversary of the day that we met, John planned a surprise date for me. He had us go back to a few of the special places from our courtship and take pictures there. So sweet!

Belmont 28! We met on this doorstep when he and his roommates were introducing themselves to all of the girls in the ward. Oh the memories in this apartment! It is pretty funny to reminisce and think about how different we were back then. If I could tell freshman myself one thing about how to make life better it would be GET A FULL NIGHT'S SLEEP!   It is startling how much happier I am fully rested.
Here is John's old apartment. Continental 13! Aside from the obvious changes (like a wife and daughters) I am glad to consider the changes of how much healthier he eats now and how much less Simpson's he watches. :)

We also visited the place that we first said I Love You! It was outside the church that we went to. We were sitting on the steps, looking at the full moon, and he said that he felt like he should tell me something, and that it was overdue. Then he said, "I love you." Such a sweet memory.
First "I love you" spot!

Then we went up to campus and went the JSB where I used to work. Crazy how many people have retired in what I consider a blink of an eye.

Is it too much sharing to say that we made out in this elevator a lot? :) 

We watched the fireworks from behind the old president's house on the fourth of July. Great view of Stadium of Fire, and we had the place to ourselves.

We finished up our date with a grasshopper milkshake at the Malt Shoppe.

Then we played some pool in the Wilk! We played pool on our first date.

I won't say who won, but John's face in this picture might be an indicator. :)

Thanks for such a fun and romantic date, John! I love you!!!

From my journal: That weekend John went to Phoenix, AZ to interview. He had a good experience there and was really encouraged by their treatment of him. He later found out that he was their top candidate, and we started to get nervous.

That weekend was Mother's Day. We went up to Ogden on Saturday and had a nice dinner at Kayla's house. John and my Mom surprised me with the Blendtec blender that I have been wanting for a long time. The next day John surprised me with Pancakes and blueberry sauce (he actually hand-juiced oranges for that--husband of the year!) We stopped by his parents house and had a fun visit. I felt so loved!

That week we got an offer from Honeywell down in Phoenix. Great news, but a little disappointing in that it was only $72,000 a year. We thought and prayed about it, and surprisingly were told that we were going to get an offer from Navair in Ridgecrest CA. So really surprisingly we had two offers on the table at once. Well, we knew that the Honeywell one seemed better from the beginning. It just felt more comfortable from the start. We wanted a little more money though. So he emailed the HR person just to say that there were two pretty similar offers on the table and could they increase theirs to make the decision simpler.  After a day or two of nerves, they called back with an increased offer to $75,000. Holy cow! That isn't that much of a difference really, but it sure made us feel better about it. So, it is official! We are going to move to Phoenix in a couple months when John graduates. We did go to the temple and pray about it a ton. We feel that we had a very clear answer to our prayer. Phoenix is where we are supposed to be moving right now. It really was amazing! Even back when he was interviewing there I prayed about the jobs a lot and I had a really amazing experience where I felt true peace over the future. It was incredible! 

Now I am still nervous about moving there. I don't want to have the same experience that we did in Texas. Also, I am super nervous about John being gone from me for the first time in a full time job. Also, I am super nervous about not having any friends or family down there. Also, I am super nervous about the bugs. Scorpions and cockroaches--EWW!!!! However, it is really good to remember the spiritual experiences that we had and that we know this is the right place for us. The main thing right now is that we are trying to figure out where we are going to live. This is so stressful. It will have to be okay though.


4 comments:

Normz said...

What a fun cute date! You guys are so cute. It's crazy it's been 7years! Time flies.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Did you make out on the doorstep of Belmont 28? C'mon, join the crowds of kissing couples!!

What a fun date-- way to go John. Time HAS gone by fast, hasn't it? Hard to believe.

John said...

Its a little embarrassing to think of just how many people probably saw us kissing on that doorstep. Oh well, we don't know any of those people anymore, right?

Jebbie said...

That is the cutest date ever!