One weekend a few weeks ago, we got a babysitter and went for a date! We decided to go on a night hike to the Y. We couldn't have asked for better hiking weather! It was so beautiful! Of course the hike is always steeper than I remember, but we made it okay. M slept most of the time in the front pack and stayed nice and cozy next to Daddy.
Here's the view from the top. The Provo temple is towards the bottom right of the picture. You can also see a few campus buildings. The brightest things are State street and the fields where there were intramural games going on.
The next morning we headed up to Heber City to see the Heber Valley Railroad. We didn't actually take a ride on the train (can we say expensive?!) but we got to see it leave and play on the train cars they had right there. It was actually really fun!
Ellie was pretty nervous about the big engines at first, but she was loving it by the end.
M was a trooper and didn't mind getting jostled around, climbing on and off the cars.
John just makes me chuckle sometimes. :)
John may or may not be trying to enter the car. :)
Train robbers! I loved Ellie trying to make guns with her fingers! :)
Now it is my turn to hold up the train! Yeah, we're dorks. :)
We stopped by Deer Creek on the way back and threw rocks in the water. Best game ever! Never gets old!
We headed up South Fork and decided to picnic in the third park we came to. It was so beautiful and we nearly had the place to ourselves! It was seriously perfect weather and the leaves were gorgeous. We just couldn't stop raving about how much we loved our picnic spot.
As you might imagine Ellie really loved playing in the leaves.
And the stream!
The baby had a good time too being carried around!
Loved seeing my little girl run around!
Love my little family!
6 comments:
That sounds like a perfect weekend to me. I love when just your little family goes out and has adventures together (even if it's just to the grocery store)...I just love being all together. I didn't believe you when you said M was getting chubby....but sure enough, she's got some delicious chub on those thighs! Love it. We're excited to see you guys tonight.
I had no idea the Heber Creeper went all the way down to Cedar City ;)
Haha! Can you tell I did this post in the middle of the night when I was up with the baby? I meant that we went to *Heber* City. Oops!
Sounds like so much fun! I wish we wouldn't have been pansies and come along. Maybe next time!
That looks like tons of fun!! Your family is adorable, and I love the new blog look!
Good stuff, Ky! I'm impressed with how many times you've hiked the Y-- it's a hike I wish I'd done more than... twice? Three times maybe? Sad! I love that you find the fun things to do in your area and do them-- especially when it isn't exactly easy. Fun pictures too!
It has been awhile since I have checked your blog. I love the posts! You are all so cute!
Post a Comment