Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mother's Day

 Mother's day this year was so wonderful. I don't think I have ever felt quite so maternal being 7 months pregnant and having a kid.

John and I designed this card for the grandmothers. The little rhyme is a primary song that Ellie sang for them. It was pretty cute. :)
Recently I did some major clean out of my old room at my parents house. It was pretty awesome going through the trinkets I saved throughout my childhood and teenage years. Turns out rocks aren't that cool if you don't write down where you brought them home from. :) Also, all of the moody journals that I started as a tween were hilarious!
This whole project made me think about my growing up years (which I am probably still in). I remember wondering how my life was going to turn out, what my husband and family would be like, and what I would end up spending the majority of my time doing. I was so worried about school, fitting in, and being an adult. Don't get me wrong, I was so blessed to have a happy childhood, but I am so glad to be in the situation that I am in now. Going through all of that stuff, I was just overwhelmed with gratitude that things worked out the way it did. I am so lucky to be John's wife and Ellie's mother. They really are my whole life, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
I am excited to have a new little one too. We saw a new little cousin the other day. I can't believe how nervous/excited it made me. Hopefully Ellie likes being a big sister. She was pretty fascinated with the baby.

6 comments:

patti said...

Going through old journals is one of my absolute favorite things to do! I always feel like I'm reading someone else's story. It's amazing how much you change and come into your own over the years...I'm so glad everything worked out the way it did too! I always knew you'd be fabulous ;)

Regina Pearson said...

That card was such a good idea and so cute!!

I wish I had my old journals... somehow they got lost with my parents moves.

Ellie is going to be a terrific big sister, I can just tell. She is so sweet with the babies!!!

Jebbie said...

That card you made is so cute!!! I love it! And I bet you were a perfect teenager (journals are often written at the worst time) and that your life could have only turned out in one terrific way.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Awww. :)

So, your Dad called and asked if I wanted your old hiking boots. Said you'd left 'em behind because you didn't want them. True? No? I don't actually need them, but perhaps I could help find someone who does? Funny.

I liked this post. You're just great.

Kids and Canning Jars said...

How funny. I can/t even say I have many thoughts of being a teen.....
Love all the pictures and updates. Thank you for blogging. It is good for me to see your life.

Melissa

Kids and Canning Jars said...

I cannot believe you are 7 months in that picture. You are TINY!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to stop by and remind you to send off a note to Holliauna. She is leaving at camp this week. All the information is up on my blog and facebook.
Thanks for all your support. Melissa