Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Easter



I feel like I am always playing catch up with my blog, but oh well. I am going to do this post in reverse because that is how I accidentally uploaded the pictures. So our last Easter activity was at my parents house. It was a little bit chilly that day, but everyone had a blast. Look how cute those kiddos are!!!

 They were so excited to go find the eggs. And by this point Ellie was a pro at what to do for an Easter egg hunt. Although, she would only pick things up that were egg shaped.
 We also did such a fun hunt with John's family. I loved the idea of having names on the eggs so you had to find your specific egg. (Thanks Norma for the picture!)
 The Saturday preceding Easter we went with the Guinns to Thanksgiving Point to the Tulip Festival. So Fun! The flowers were gorgeous. It was a little bit chilly, but we loved it.
 Ellie really liked riding around in her "big, big stroller."
 Preceding this activity we decorated eggs and had a hunt with Madeleine. What a cute girls!
 Dying eggs was a little tricky with two 2 year olds. Fortunately there were no permanent stains. :)
 And the event that kicked it all off was receiving a new baby package from Ellie's friends, Knightley and Mason. She loves, LOVES the bunnies, which are nearly her constant companions. Thank you so much guys!!!
It was a wonderful holiday that was celebrated over the course of a few days. I am glad that there are so many great people in our lives to share these memories with.

5 comments:

Normz said...

Fun! It was like a week of Easter. I want to go see the tulip festival one day, I like da flowas.

patti said...

At least you eventually catch up! I still haven't blogged Luke's baptism! I'm a looser.

Isn't it funny how long you can celebrate a holiday? It's exhausting sometimes. Cute pictures!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Anna wants to know, "What kind of bunnies?" (are Ellie holding).

Cute picture of the group! I'll have to steal it from your blog.

John said...

Yeah, Easter was fun. Also, the fact that Ellie has on a Utah State shirt in no way indicates any partiality to said university.

Jebbie said...

Those pictures of Ellie are so cute! But can I tell you that I was so sad when I saw your easter pictures with Matt and Julie because I really wish I was in those pictures too! But I am so glad Ellie liked the bunnies!