Tuesday, August 20, 2024

November 2023

Oh how I love my little family. They are all just amazing to me. Eliza just starting on her piano without being asked. Miriam helping her sisters with a snack and cleaning up without being asked. Hollands's delight in reading Dragon Flight. Darcy telling me, "I have a special mission for you to help clean up--take the Doctor's kit to the basement." 

Eliza got her braces off! Turns out getting braces off makes one look older. It is heartbreaking, but I am so happy with with how confident Eliza is these days. She is so happy about but annoyed she still has floss special around the permanent retainers. 


One day I was so surprised with Holland telling me her crushes because she trusts me, and Darcy telling me, "Daddy wears the biggest panties." 
Eliza swam in her first real swim meet! She did so great getting a PR of 36 seconds in her 50 yard free. She is doing so great! I am so proud of her for her dedication to practice and getting up so early to get there. 
That same night Holland and I had a date night. We went to buy her scriptures finally. She was so serious about writing her name for her scriptures to be engraved. We stopped by the Sister Missionary Mall. They were having an event of some sort that night. We put our names in the drawing and of course Holland won a fancy missionary bag with cool umbrella. We also got a goody bag at Sister Missionary Mall, which was fun to go through. We chatted about what we remembered from Arizona. I love my mommy/daughter date nights with my girls. 
The next night we did a campfire with Jess and Cherilee. Darcy had to explain why she ate marshmallows instead of the yummy cake they brought. "Thank you for bringing the yummy cake, but I am having marshmallows because that is the right choice for me."
Another day Darcy called me a "silly goldfish." I love those silly little moments. 
Another day Miriam jumped right in and helped with me with making salsa. I love feeling like a team as a family. We all just help when we can.
One sweet moment was Fast Sunday in November. I had been praying about having hope about seeing my mom again. I fasted about it. The couple of days before that my scripture app addressed this very thing. I really felt God listening to my prayers.  

Daddy and Ellie doing their ice skating date!
One day Darcy made the comment today "Hey I am just free. I am not a big girl yet. I am still little." She also told me we haven't been on any trips yet. "We haven't even been to Kauai or the other islands." 
Holland came home from school one day so so happy. She told me that her teacher is nice, but in a unique way. She is always there to help and is honest. I love that so much. We got her a Gabb watch to feel better about her walking to and from school. She was so excited to call and text us on it. She is a cutie pie. 
The next day Holland made a big deal about class president election this morning. She talked about her competition, her campaign manager, her campaign speech, and how she promised each classmate 2 cupcakes each if she were elected. Turns out it was for class president of the week! Yikes!  
Miriam had her first band concert. It was so bad and so cute at the same time. I am excited for her to learn this new talent. 
Holland went to Sophie's 9th birthday party! Holland's birthday note to Sophie was so sweet! 

It was a tea party theme.

They had an art lesson on how to draw a tea pot and cup.


Taking the kids to the Curiosity Museum for the first time was so fun! I loved the puppet show room and the room with Rube Goldberg machines. Date to Via 313 for delicious pizza. I love going on real dates with John. 
One day Darcy tried sounding out words on cards at church. She figured out the word "Grass," probably the picture helped. then she tried the word "asteroid." She said all the sounds and then triumphantly exclaimed, "It says it!" 
The next day Darcy told me, "I am not very good at not being with you." I fell that way about my family too. She was so so happy to do reading lesson today. It was so cute!  
Another day Darcy told me, "I am pretending to be a bad guy." That was in a whisper. Then louder she announced from her high chair, "I want a poison banana!" 




Orem temple house! I love Holland's delight in the Celestial Room. Looking at our family in the never ending reflection felt like a gift form God. It is what I want most! Also getting ice cream at Handel's after--Darcy ate her whole cone. 


Ellie had a swim meet and swam in 3 events. She got first in her heat in breaststroke, 2nd in free. I am so proud of her! She has worked so hard! It is amazing to see your kids succeed at things they've worked for!

John and I went to a volleyball game! It was so fun to cheer together. I love him being my forever date. 
Darcy told Jess that she is a boy. It was so bad and funny! We went to a nativity expo with them. They brought us delicious kolaches beforehand. Later we set up the Christmas tree. It was really fun to feel the kids' enthusiasm. 

One day Ellie came down after changing her clothes after school. We were super twins! <3


Miriam's science fair project. Different liquids to propagate plant cuttings. 

Darcy wants to hang ornaments from other ornaments. She insisted that was the correct way. At church she announced during the sacrament, "But Mommy my homework is to be loud during the sacrament!" 
I dozed for a bit one day and woke up to Darcy saying she was going to pray to wake me up. It was so cute and funny. 
Holland came home after leaning for school because she had the feeling she was never going to see me again. She was in tears. It was heartbreaking. 
Darcy said, "Don't worry Holland, my jammies keep growing and when they get too big for me you can have them." 
Cooked and cooked today and then went to Garland. We ate street tacos, and after putting the kids to bed we played hand and foot. I have never lost so bad! It was so fun. Holland issued a challenge to everyone at scripture time. she's adorable!
Thanksgiving in Garland! It was fun to cook together with Marc and Miriam. We played Splendor by ourselves and then Tommy and Sammy. Tommy kept telling me no while I was trying to help him play successfully. It was hilarious! Amazing dinner and big round of Dumb Bridge. 





We set up the Christmas decor with creativity today. I loved the novelty of trying new ways to do it. We strung lights around Holland's room. She was thrilled and kept saying thank. Darcy told us that night, "I had a dream that I couldn't fall asleep because the girls were shutting the doors too loud." 


Advent Calendar!

New Christmas Jammies! 


Advent kickoff party: new jammies and new Christmas stories.

The family sausage recipe

Sausage making at Kayla's house was so fun! Laughing and joking with my siblings was the best. 



Advent Lego Calendar from Jess and Cherilee
I love playing with Holland on Sundays when everyone else is at choir or napping. She is so fun. We devoured left over pie on the Sunday after Thanksgiving while playing Dos with each other. Miriam gave her first talk in church She did great! She got asked to speak at 6pm the night before. We helped her write her talk but she had to deliver it all herself. 
Near the end of November John went on a week-long work trip to Turkey. He had to leave at noon on a Monday so we managed to fit in a round of the board game, Clank, before he had to go. I love playing games with him. One cool thing about this trip was that he found out that he could message me from the inflight free wifi on Facebook Messenger. We even tried calling and ended up talking while he was in the air between Iceland and Great Britain. 
It is always hard when he is gone on a trip, but there are still good moments--like Darcy telling me that she would pay me to find the light up wand. Also, her singing "Paper Wings" instead of "Paper Rings." Or when I needed a towel after my shower, she brought me a hand towel, then a kitchen towel, then I dried off with the hand towel. :) 
Miriam is so much fun. I love reading the YA Rom Com Love Life and the List with her. She reads it to me whenever we drive places. 
One afternoon, Ellie and I dozed on the couch. I love how cuddly she is. She is my life saver when John is gone on trips. She is my little assistant with all of the parenting jobs. It is so kind of her to help me with her little sisters! Ellie had a concert at Temple Square while John was gone. That was kind of tricky to work out, but we were able to see it. It was fun to walk around to see the lights even when there was a lot of construction. 

Eliza is to the right of the podium, black dress, first row. 




There was a wasp in our bathroom. It was the end of November! 

John saw an awesome banana tree in Turkey. 

Mediterranean Sea

He eats fancy on these trips! 


"Mommy take a picture of me!" Even when it is just in a mall parking lot. 

Darcy was a big fan of the Nordstrom shoes. 

Darcy finished her preschool book! I am proud of us! 
 





No comments: