Oh my sweet Ellie, how are you a teenager? But also, how is it possible that you are the best teenager I have ever encountered. How can this smart, charismatic, witty, fun, beautiful, kind, responsible, lovely young woman my daughter? I don't know how I got so lucky to be your mama, but I truly count it as the closest I have gotten to winning the lottery. :)
First, lets hear a little bit about you from when you're 13 (sorry I am so late writing this post, this year has been a busy one.)
What is your favorite quote?
"In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart"-Anne Frank
What is your favorite animal? I really like dolphins.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Going to BYU.
What do you like to do best to relax, besides reading?
I like to play board games and go swimming.
I would pick speaking Spanish or doing math. It would be very useful and I could not learn about it.
What is one invention that you think should be created this year?
A exoskeleton, one that lets you breath underwater and handle pressure.
What is your strangest phobia?
I really don't like bees.
What is one amazing trait that you have that you never talk about?
I have a really good memory for numbers.
The cruise!!!!!
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite game?
I love playing Dice Throne and Dutch Blitz.
When you wake up in the morning what are you the most grateful for?
A blanket and breakfast.
What song is stuck in your head right now?
God Rest you Merry Gentlemen, MCO version.
Do you think you're an early bird or a night owl?
I am an early bird in the summer and a night owl in the winter.
What book do you think should be made into a movie?
Fablehaven.
What is your favorite vacation we went on this year?
Would you rather teleport or be able to fly? Why?
Teleport, because I love to travel and I don't like heights without railings.
What is the most embarrassing thing you ever did?
In seventh grade online school, I was singing along to a song and forgot to mute myself. It was about two minutes of me singing A Million Dreams before anyone told me.
What song makes you particularly happy?
I love Joy to the World MCO version.
What is your favorite savory food?
I really love taco salad. I like that we have it all the time.
Do you remember what you received for presents for your 13th birthday?
I got a camelback, masking fluid, paper, and clothes.
What you favorite music artist?
I like One Voice Children's Choir and Thomas Rhett.If you had a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would go to Paris.
What do you think makes a happy life?
Having a good relationship with family and friends.
I really like live action Aladdin.
What has been your favorite Teen Tuesday activity we have done this year?
I like playing board games, especially the ones that are too long to play with more people, like Call to Adventure and Wingspan.
What do you think makes our family special?
We love to travel and be together whenever we can.
Describe your perfect day!
Have creme brulee french toast for breakfast, sleep in, and have a lazy morning. Then have a picnic for lunch and play board games and swim. Have pasta salad for dinner and play more board games and have some reading time.
What is your weirdest habit?
I used to pretend that everything I touched would paint my hands and feet that color. I would try to match my hands to the same color and my feet. I still do that with walking and handrails.
Is there a hobby you would like to start in the next year? What is it?
I want to go ice skating more. I'm taking ice skating lessons right now, and I love it.
Who is the smartest person you know?My parents always know what to do.
If you could travel to sometime in the past, what era would you want to visit?
I would want to see the Renissance.
We love you like crazy Eliza! You are pure sunshine and butterflies. I sure love spending time with you. One of my favorite things we have done since your birthday is starting a tradition of doing Teen Tuesday. I love that time together. You make us so proud. Thank you for being YOU!
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I love this homemade flavor. It is blueberry and lemon with graham cracker chunks in it.
What is your favorite book?
I loved Dragonwatch 5 by Brandon Mull. Currently I'm reading Five Kingdoms 2 by Brandon Mull, and it is also very good.
This sweet girl has really come into her own since turning 13. She has jumped right in to a giant new middle school and has been successful at everything. She has joined a new ward and figured out how to stay true to who she is while still fitting in.
![]() |
| On her birthday we had German pancakes for breakfast and almost missed the bus because of it. Later we had lemon chicken orzo soup with cheesecake and berries for dessert. |
![]() |
| She doesn't really remember what she got for her birthday last year--it's been too long. But I know we got her a camelback, masking fluid, art paper, and clothes. |
![]() |
| Uncle Daniel sent her some cool legos: San Fransisco and the Statue of Liberty. |
![]() |
| She had her well check up actually on her birthday because of that appointment she started physical therapy for toe walking. Here is Darcy practicing Ellie's exercises with her. |
![]() |
| She has jumped right into this ward's YW. They had a glow in the dark night, which mean she came home all decked out in glow sticks. |
| Ellie and I did a baptism temple trip. I love going to the temple with her. |
| This was a project from her 3D art class. She made a paper basket. |
| Ellie made blankets for a Just Serve project for her ELA class. She used blanket kits and they turned out so cute! |
| Just two days before her birthday, she got another set of braces on. She's so cute, but ouch! |
We love you like crazy Eliza! You are pure sunshine and butterflies. I sure love spending time with you. One of my favorite things we have done since your birthday is starting a tradition of doing Teen Tuesday. I love that time together. You make us so proud. Thank you for being YOU!






















No comments:
Post a Comment