Oh November, such a nice time. A nice time for reading.
Eliza has really enjoyed her art class this semester.
Holland veteran's day card. We sent this picture to Uncle Daniel.
Such a nice time to start being outside. We loved cul da sac for riding bikes. Holland is pretty good at that little balance bike.
Roasting s'mores at the Davis's house. We're thankful for their friendship and that they have similar caution levels for covid.
Thanksgiving is coming? Time to start a house project. This time it was the kid's bathroom. Turns out there is no way to salvage the dry wall that the tile you are removing is stuck to. I'll do another post about the bathroom later.
We took advantage of the weather cooling down to walk down to Lakewood. It is amazing how you can live so close to something and not ever go to it. I had an umbrella to keep the sun off Darcy and me.
While we were gone, we missed Holland's teacher dropping off a holiday surprise for her.
Holland with wand, helmet and Thanksgiving chain in the background. Standard school attire.

Sorry Darcy, your sister ditched you on the chair.
I guess she wanted to take a photo off you.
We like taking photos of all of our girls.
Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday! We used china and all helped. Every person except Darcy was in charge of a dish. We all helped with the other dishes too. Holland mixed up Crystal Light. Miriam made blender rolls. Ellie made a mashed potato casserole. To be honest, they each needed some help, but they did most of the work themselves.
We made way too many dishes and could only take a small portion of each, and we were still stuffed after. In my opinion the confetti corn stole the show. So. Good. I am pushed for making stuffing and sweet potatoes which both turned out excellent, if I do say so myself.
Okay, this pie was the other show stopper. Cranberry apple off of Mel's Kitchen Cafe (like all of our recipes). The filling was knock your socks off good and the crust was the best I've ever had, not exaggerating.
I want this exact meal for every Thanksgiving. That would be great, thanks.
Our Thanksgiving chain was extra cool this year because we decided that each link also needed a small illustration with it. This helped us slow down and really think about what we were writing and drawing.
There were so many things listed in our chain definitely family and Lake Powell were among the most popular. We love the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment