Oh Darcy how does time go so quickly? Already 4 months old. You have changed so much since you were born. Things are definitely easier with you than they have ever been. Nursing and sleeping, both once so hard, stressful, and painful now almost seem effortless. Your smiles, giggles, and coos light our life like we couldn't imagine. Your tiny little person brings huge amounts of joy to our family.
We delight how much you grab at your toes and how you never like to put your feet down. You must have abs of steel considering how you stick out your legs without ever touching them down. You also have started to pivot when doing playtime on the floor. Somehow without rolling you managed to squirm your way around on your blanket.
One Sunday morning while I was pumping after your morning milk, I was delighted to watch all of the other members of our family come to greet you for the day. To say you're adored might be understating it. First Holland came to talk to you for a few minutes.
Then Daddy had to come make you smile and laugh. He's so funny.
Then your older sisters had to come see your adorable smiles.
All of these admirers came within just a few minutes of each other. We all just love you.
Sleeping angel
Sleeping Angel
Just missing Holland
One night you woke up in the middle of the night and wanted to nurse. That hardly ever happens. I couldn't stay awake to nurse you so we tried side nursing while I dosed. What that actually meant was that we both fell asleep snuggled up to one another. What a precious cuddle to wake up to, even if I don't sleep very restfully while you are in bed with me.
Who do you look like? Eliza, Miriam, Holland, a whole new person? Some beautiful combo for sure.
Four months old! Your little head is getting too big for the little bonnets. By this time you had mastered putting your hand in your mouth, especially your right hand. I would be surprised if you didn't end up right handed because you always seem to use that hand if possible.
How do I get this soft, furry thing in my mouth to suck on??
Okay, distracted now. This is clearly the playing with your voice face.
Actually, this month was the first time you have started to get interested in baby toys.
That eyebrow raise!
In this photo you can see that your hair is starting to get longer. It is long enough now to start standing up after a bath. We love it.
This month I noticed that sometimes when you want to nurse, you open your mouth as wide as you can. And because we are your parents you have a quite a big mouth. It is super cute and sweet.
Starting to do tummy time more and more.
That drool!
This was definitely the month that you found your feet. We love how much you grab your feet. It seemed like that for a while that your favorite position was one hand in your mouth and one hand grabbing your feet.
Your little face in that bonnet melts my heart.
Hand in mouth and hand grabbing foot!
Darcy, you are like your sisters in a lot of ways, especially that you don't like resting your head down on my shoulder to cuddle. You want your head up and looking around at all the things instead of cuddling. But it turns out that cuddling your little baby body is one of my favorite things of all time. So whenever you fall asleep on me, you cuddle your little head down on my shoulder and it completely melts me. I have literally taken a photo almost every time this has happened. I love it so much!
This was the first toy we gave you--little connector toys which aren't actually baby toys. It captured your attention so much though that we decided to get out the rings and other little baby toys. You are holding true to your sisters pattern of preferring the little plastic keys.
We love to have Daddy working at home. He loves adoring on you and you love his attention.
This fun dress was given to Holland when she was your size. Unfortunately we didn't try it on you until you were a little big for it. It doesn't look too small but there is an elastic that runs around the middle that was awfully tight around your chest. It was good enough though for a day during which we got some cute photos of you in that darling dress.
This month marks you rolling over, first just to your left side. Then you started rolling from your tummy to your back. I distinctly remember the night you officially rolled. You stayed on your side for so long, just teasing us that you were going to make it. I filmed you and filmed you thinking it was going to be any second and then, bam, the minute I stop and turn my back, there you were, flipped over to your tummy fully. Little trickster.
I tell ya, every time you fall asleep on me I have to take a photo. Those eyelashes, cheeks, and chubby little hand makes my heart nearly explode with love.
Sometimes your sisters take photos of you. They are often blurry, but I being able to see you as they see you. We all just love you so much.
Ah, that little nose and lips. I love the babies!
Eliza got a hammock chair in her room, and she couldn't wait to stick you in it. Apparently you were a fan.
Hey bright eyes.
My favorite little burrito.
Post nursing smiles.
Holland caressing and singing to you.
You love sticking your hand in my mouth while you nurse. It is cute except when you try to scratch at my gums. I have been on a couple of video calls and people have to comment on me eating your delicious fingers. But it is a unique sweet thing just to you.
Not resting those legs down for anything.
We all just love holding you.
Grandma gave you your own quilt from her. Air said she had never taken on such a big piecing project. It's beautiful! And you're beautiful on it.
You got too good at rolling. We starting started putting a pillow to your left to keep you on the blanket.
It started getting colder. You began to not sleep as well which was not good. Then we switched you to the thick swaddle blanket and that did the trick. Poor thing! You were waking up because you were cold!
No comments:
Post a Comment