Wednesday, December 16, 2020

John's 37th

John turned 37! Normally I don't get too upset about him getting older because that isn't how old I am, and he is more handsome than ever. But it turns out that if he turns a certain age I am learning that it won't be too long until I turn that age. It is making me a little uncomfortable that he is (and I am) creeping closer to 40. Okay, obviously I am happy that he had a birthday. I love him and love to celebrate him. 
I mean, c'mon, look how handsome that guy is plus that precious new baby! Woowee. (Imagine me typing a whistling noise.) 
We celebrated that day with a lot of yummy food. One huge highlight was the crispy shrimp tacos from our tried and true favorite, melskitchencafe.com. Shrimp+tacos=delicious
The older girls were super thrilled to surprise their daddy with a batch of cookie dough that he could cook when he'd like fresh cookies. Chocolate truffle cookies also from Mel's which are absolutely fantastic. 
We had to conclude the birthday festivities with another Mel's recipe (turns out almost all of the food we make is from the blog). This one is a personal favorite of mine--chocolate cream pie with graham cracker crust. 
John wanted a chain saw and got one for his birthday. He really wanted it so I am glad that he got it, but I have to laugh because he hasn't actually used it yet (I am writing this in December, almost exactly 3 months after his birthday) but I am sure he will break it out soon. The girls made him nice cards. I am not sure what else we got him, but I am sure he was spoiled. We love spoiling our number one guy!
Surprise posters to decorate Daddy's 'office.'

No comments: