I love Valentine's Day! I understand it always isn't going to be so wonderful, but it sure is right now. I talk to mom's of older girls and just dread the stories I hear about how their girls hate Valentine's Day because they don't feel special like so and so. Oh yikes! Just appreciate the season of life I am in. And I really do! I feel like the luckiest mommy in the world to have these three little ones. I can't believe I am lucky enough be married to such a wonderful man, and have three sweet girls that are so loving and delightful (almost always).
For right now though, I am loving Valentine's Day. We celebrated the whole week by doing Valentine's themed preschool activities. I did interviews with the little girls. It was hilarious. Their personalities definitely shined through on those interviews. One of the little girls is a little spicy, and she told me during the interview that sometimes she doesn't want to play with her mom and only wants to play with her sister, but her mommy won't let her. I omitted that one on her card. It was pretty great. Daddy gave the girls each a little Valentine's balloon. I gave the girls cards, which was funny because the older girls loved theirs, but Holland was mad when she opened hers because there wasn't more to it. You win some, you lose some. :)
Holland got the berry card. She loved the balloon though. We also did the traditional fancy floats, with sparkling cider. Turns out, Holland also doesn't want sparkling cider messing up her "banilla" ice cream, which is her favorite.
My husband is seriously the best ever!
Eliza belle made us cards too. They are cute, and she was so proud of the pop are hearts! There is a happy girls with her Valentine's balloon. Little girls are the best!
That weekend John and I took advantage of a Parents' Night Out at the Y to go on a Valentine's date. We got dinner and then went East Coast Swing dancing. Turns out we are more comfortable with Country Swing, but we still had a great time!












No comments:
Post a Comment